Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can they be found? Google doesn't find much for a 2007 400!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Find the number on the parts fiche and put THAT number into Google

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If it's a true 2007 with double discs then it's the same belt from then on,
if it as one disc then it's the same as the earlier scooters.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brake disc Ralph? The gates number I put out there a few months back m6113396 doesn't find much, man... What about a Suzuki one, I can't even find that on line.. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yep if it as 2 brake discs it's a 2007 and as the double cam engine.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The gates belt is about half the price of the Suzy one, mine as one but I have not looked
at it since fitting so cant say how it's doing, seems strange they are not more available in
the US as they are a US company.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks men....This is all very strange, so many belt options for a 400. Many for k8 k6 k2 blah blah, not much for a k7...Any difference??? Yes mine has double disc on front.

Abit outrageous prices for a bloody belt, there goes all our fuel savings.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Fernando, I sent Dayco supplier a message in UK to see if the K8 is any different then the K7.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thanks men....This is all very strange, so many belt options for a 400. Many for k8 k6 k2 blah blah, not much for a k7...Any difference??? Yes mine has double disc on front.

Abit outrageous prices for a bloody belt, there goes all our fuel savings.
The K7 belt is the same as K8 and later. K7 is when Suzuki did the big upgrade to the 400, engine, body, brakes etc. Suzuki resolved a few upgrade problems in K8, namely a three shoe to a five shoe clutch and a larger exhaust gasket (btw, if you have a K7 and need to replace those parts, get the K8 part, they're better).

The bike has remained largely unchanged since K8, so most parts interchangeable.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just out of curiosity, who makes the OEM belt? thanks kids!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems like Dayco is about the only maker that I can come up with and only found in England on eBay??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts