Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few lines on changing a blown headlight bulb. I have read some posts on this subject so i will try to clear this up!. Getting to the bulb is not a black arts thing, its very simple. Remember this is for the K1 400 burgman and may not apply to other models. Ok so you will need only 1 tool,a cross head [phillips] screwdriver. Im not being to technical am i ...no! then lets carry on :rolleyes: There is a black plastic molding which runs under the headlight, it has "Suzuki" and the "s" symbol on it. Found it!...Ok. there are 4 screws that need to be undone. 2 are at the front under the headlight lens situated in the 2 air vents. Next 2 are at the very ends of the black molding. If you sit on the bike the screw heads will be facing you on the edge of the fairing. with this done you can remove the molding. You will now see a whole bunch of pipes and wires DONT PANIC they are ment to be there and most wont concern us today. The removal of the bulb is very easy. I hope you have small hands...sorry about telling you this now! Right... Grab a coffee:coffee: Steel yourself. Feel at the back of the headlight for a rubber dust cover. This is round and can be seen if you look closly inside. Found it?...good. In the middle of this is the bulb electrical connecter..got it?.. ok. You now need to pull this off, it needs to come off towards the rear of the bike direction. At this point you may want to curse and swear so make sure there are no children and small animals close by. Now drink coffee. Ok how did it go? Done? Good. Now you have the connecter off you can remove the rubber dust shield. Easy so far isnt it!.At this point the rear of the bulb is exposed. It has 3 flat bar connecters on it. This is a good time to gentally run your fingers around the back of the bulb to feel how it all lies. You will notice a bit of wire around the back of the bulb, this is the spring clip which holds the bulb in place. Ready... Its time to remove the bulb. A couple of point here..1 dont drop the bulb your taking out or the new one your putting in, if you do it will likely go down the side of the inside fairing and remain there untill somone takes the WHOLE fairing off! DONT drop it. So you now need to release the wire clip.... push the rounded part towards the bulb and its either up or down and release the pressure and it will move freely away from the bulb. Dont worry the wire clip is hinged and wont drop off. Now withdraw the bulb DONT drop it. Bloody **** youve done it!! Fitting the new bulb is the reverse of the whole prosedure. Some links say you have to bend one of the tags on the bulb but on the K1 this is not the case. Dont touch the glass on the new bulb as this will shorten its life. And remember DONT drop it. :wave:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts