Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I just put one on my wife's 400 and had to push and shove a little here and there but, got the tabs to hook. I had much more trouble getting mine on last year until I tried what I read in a post here...hold the back edge of the filter "frame" (not the actual filter material) in boiling water for a bit and it softens considerably. Installed it while it was still pliable and it did the trick.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
OK.......!!!!!! Can anyone tell me why Suzuki has the BIG black plastic cover over the engine and air filter box.???? The other day - I removed the air cleaner - washed it - dried it with a heat gun - replaced it ......with no problems at all BUT when it came time to replace the large plastic cover which is held in place by 2 plastic expansion fasteners going through the frame cross member - I could not get the holes in the cover to line up with the holes in the cross member ............???????? I noticed when I went to remove that BIG cover that there was only 1 expansion fastener...!! Wanting things to be right - I went to Auto Zone and found they had packages of expansion fasteners - the 1/4 " worked well. I got both fasteners in the holes and pushed down the center pin to lock in place BUT now I found that a small part of this BIG plastic cover is twisted and the part of the cover to the left of the seat strut NOW was right in the path of the strut when closing the seat. THE SEAT WOULD NOW NOT CLOSE...!! So I took a pair of heavy-duty cutters and just cut that part off of the BIG BLACK COVER....!! Seat now closes just fine..! SOOOOOOOOOOO.......!!!!!! Now I know why there was just 1 expansion fastener... in the first place......!!!!! :p :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have never had an issue installing my K&N? :roll:
As Ralph has stated, the trick is to put the filter into the lid part first, then when together position for the three rear tabs and push backwards till they engage with a click, then press home and screw down.

·
I'm Retired
9,367 Posts
I have had a 2007 and now a 2008. They are all the same.

Where do you live? It's not in your profile. Maybe someone would come over to help you...if they knew how far they had to ride. ;)

BTW, your profile shows you have a 2003, but you just said your 400 was made in 2008...

Chris

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.