Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,367 Posts
I soak my old one in dishwashing detergent (it is made to cut grease) and Simple Green. I use an "acid" brush to get between the folds and loosen anything there. After soaking it and moving it up and down through the water several times, I'll take it out and rinse it, then set it aside to dry. I keep a couple around, so I always have a clean and dry one. Been doing that for years (and about 60,000 miles or more). Seems to work fine. It certainly lets less dirt particles through than a new K&N filter would.

Chris

·
I'm Retired
9,367 Posts
Ralph M said:
Set the rear suspension on it's softest setting and try with it on the side stand or better still with
someone holding to scoot and pressing on the rear this makes the engine pivot and gives a little more room
hold the filter up in the lid part.
I think you forgot to include how the moon has to be full and that you have to touch your nose three times with one foot in the air while hopping in a circle. :roll:

tbrow58 said:
I will add, after reading the tips on ths forum, i've never had any problems whatever getting the regular filter off and on.
+1 I'll stick with washing my old filter and reusing it. Even if the material should deteriorate over time (and it hasn't in 75,000 miles of swapping several through that process), it still would filter more than a K&N filter.

Chris

·
I'm Retired
9,367 Posts
Hmmm....I wonder why Suzuki's engineers get paid so much money to design an air filter with three little tabs designed to hold the rear of the air filter cover on tight...when we can make it fit loosely...and then try to find ways to keep dirt out. :roll:

Guys, would you not be better off to figure out what you're doing wrong, than to go down this road??? Yes, it was hard for me too, but I figured out what I was doing wrong. It will work.

Chris

·
I'm Retired
9,367 Posts
I have had a 2007 and now a 2008. They are all the same.

Where do you live? It's not in your profile. Maybe someone would come over to help you...if they knew how far they had to ride. ;)

BTW, your profile shows you have a 2003, but you just said your 400 was made in 2008...

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.