Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I realized a few days ago that I am accumulating miles quickly and I missed several air filter cleaning since I got the bike.
I bought it in jan 14 and now it has 7000miles more. Never cleaned air filter before.

One bolt is missing for the air box cover (apparently common in many burgman 400 with k&n air filter installed?).

The air box cover has several drill holes (covered with tape) which I am not sure what they originally were for.

I take out the filter (k&n) and I quickly rinse it, soap it and brush it (yes, sigh) before actually reading anything about the k&n cleaning procedure.

too late I guess.
- Is it an issue? Any advices on how to undo the pushing of debris inside the filter?

- I don't have the cleaning/recharging kit and I need the bike for commuting. What can I use as alternative? (just buy it?)

- the filter is clearly hacked to solve fit problems. There was some sort of a gasket between the filter and the box cover that I have not idea how to keep in place.

- I ordered a replacement oem filter (won't be here until end of december - china) but I do not have the snorkel. That is only for noise, correct?

I know the topic came out several times in the forum, but my main question is related to the brushing...did I ruin the filter for good?

Thank you guys
Marco

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good, thanks.

In the meantime I'll get the missing parts (gasket and snorkel) for the oem filter.

Marco

1 - 3 of 3 Posts