Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading online about how people are using club soda and either oxy clean or baking soda to clean the filters. What do you all think? I'm just not satisfied with using a decreaser to clean these. Doesn't seem to get it all the way clean.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm interested too. I installed my K&N filter 7k ago. Probably time to clean it. What's the best and cheapest way?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
K&N Recharge kit only. They don't cost much and last a long time. I like the ones with the spray on oil vs the ones with the squirt on oil, but no big deal. And it obviously comes with cleaners.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I use the K&N Recharge kit. I wash the filter with filtered tap water twice and let it dry then I re-oil it with the spray kit let it dry and install it. I dont see soda or other products will make much difference as the vendor says to use regular water.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thanks guys! Just ordered the kit on Amazon. $11 delivered. Not bad.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I did this last time. But, I just didn't think it got the cotton as clean as it could have. I'm really considering just doing the club soda and bakeing soda method. I don't see how that can hurt the cotton since they're both natural products.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never does is the thing. I've gone through two of the kits already and followed the instructions to a t. I'm gonna switch from the spray oil to the squeeze bottle oil. Looks like that would be a lot easier to re oil. I'm going to try the club soda and I Oxi clean stuff. It's carbonated water. I don't see having any problems.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Be careful not to over-oil. That is the most common error when cleaning K&N style filters. Excess oil can muck up the air flow sensor(s) in your intake.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Just cleaned my K&N for the first time with their OEM kit. Works beautifully. Clean as a whistle. And hardly used any of it.

Numerous cleanings For $11, I wouldn't mess with anything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts