Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom / or any one that knows I ordered a K and N air filter for my 2009 Burgman 400 and the one they send does not fit, do you have a part number of the K and N air filter you used?

What is the K and N part number that fits my 2009 Burgman 400?

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

Ralph have you replaced yours? That is the part no. of my part BUT the part I got does not have the 2 pins in the two places to hold the Tube.

Did your K and N part have the pins?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You don't use the tube / snorkel with the K&N and it runs better without it,
mines been in over 5000 miles now.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS Ralph that is the answer. My directions said nothing of that. This site is money very well spent. AND YET IT IS FREE.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Ralph M said:
You don't use the tube / snorkel with the K&N and it runs better without it,
mines been in over 5000 miles now.
Ralph, what was the difference in the way it ran with and without the tube/snorkel? I'm asking specifically about both performance and noise.

One thing I'd love to cut out, is the noise level that comes from the airbox under hard throttle.

Chris

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mine has a very very slight hunting at steady throttle at low speed up to about 40/50 mph that
does not happen with the K&N it feels slightly faster on acceleration, not a lot but it's there,
I also think it is slightly quieter though others disagree, it could be the noise is not quit as
harsh when giving the throttle a good twist, with the org filter it was quit harsh under acceleration
a bit crackly with the K&N it does not seem as bad. I did swap back to the org filter wile testing
the flap I fitted to keep much out of the filter but soon put the K&N back.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help Ralph and no thanks to the K and N directions.

Runs good, as for the noise level I am never bothered by that as I am some what deaf.

It is a real pain to get back in place. It falls into the right place by itself after a lot of pushing and pulling. I was able to get my hand up in the rear and feel the tabs that need to line up. Not the easier job in the world.

The old filter did not have many miles but it is a 2009 that was purchased down in Alabama. Only got 3500 miles on it but yes the filter was dirty and in need of cleaning.

For reference the 2009 SUZUKI BURGMAN 400 part no. 1378105H00 and the K and N is SU-4007

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yes they really do get filthy I did this to my 400 it helps keep a lot of the muck out of the filter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Having had the experience, I will never again use an oiled cotton air filter on ANY street vehicle for which there is a pleated paper filter available.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Daboo said:
Ralph, what was the difference in the way it ran with and without the tube/snorkel? I'm asking specifically about both performance and noise.

One thing I'd love to cut out, is the noise level that comes from the airbox under hard throttle.

Chris
I believe the snorkel is a noise reduction device. I have not used a K&N on a +07, but have used them on pre-07 400s and a 650. In both cases the noise level increased and the performance increase was marginal. I recently put a K&N on my 06 400 without the snorkel and it was very loud. I replaced the snorkel but cut it back quite a bit, the noise level was better. I have always cut about 3/4 of the snorkel off my +07 400s to give the filter more surface area. It increased the noise level a very little. If you what to find out for sure, remove the snorkel on your 400 and take it for a ride. You can decide which way you like it before you buy a K&N filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts