Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I much appreciate the patient, insightful replies from you folks. I can't begin to tell how much your actual-factual experiences have helped this newbie. First to get the right machine; second to know how to most wisely adapt it to my own self. I find myself wishing there might be regional rides for forum members: would be excellent.

Well, yeah, there are a few exceptions -- grossly uncivilized but quite rare. Some remarks just push a person's button wrong, I guess, and the starter motor screams... Gnash, gnash. Taken all in all, though, a ride (or even fresh-roasted coffee) with you folks would be genuine fun.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
A meet would be great!

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! It's great to have a new face in the crowd.

Planning regional meets is a great idea. A yearly "big" meet in the central US would be interesting too. It's always fun to get together with others that share your enthusiasm about a particular thing...in this case the Burgman.

Dee

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Yep,

One of the fun things about attending Scootercade last year was that I actually did get to meet some of the folks that participate in the BurgmanUSA forums. In some areas, there are enough forum members to get together for rides. In other areas like where I live, there aren't any other active members. But all you have to do is log into BurgmanUSA, and you've got scooter enthusiasts from all over the World to interact with. It's great!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Virtual Meet

It is possible to have a virtual meet with AOL instant messenger. Might be interesting to chat with each other in real time. I don't know how many people can be on at once but it would be worth a try. We'd have to do some planning to try and get a time when most of the members could join in. I know its 5 or 6 hours difference to the UK plus the time differences here in the US. I don't know how many others from around the world would be interested...

If enough people like the idea I would coordinate it or at least help.

What do you think?

Dee

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Virtual Meet

Neat idea, Dee. On the other hand (Tevya speaking) I don't have AOL itself, and a geekish friend who knows 'way more than me informs that there are security issues with AIM. Hmm. On a kinda related line, how does one find out about scooter-meet/ride-in events? And are any of them the floating sort? Meaning not held the same place every year? For instance the Honda thing in Tennessee isn't quite central for me, a creature of the west coast. Related in turn to this, does there exist on this forum a calendar of events, maybe birthdays? Milestone announcements (as in "hey people, I'm getting married" or suchlike)?

Idea?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Dee,

Bryan did have a web-based chat program installed along with a chat forum for scheduling chat sessions. It fell into disuse a long time ago. I'm not sure when the chat forum disappeared ... probably with the last site redesign. There are a couple of reason I think the chat died on the site. First being the forum memebers are spread over the time zones. Work schedules, family, and other obligations, plus riding on pretty days makes chat prestty low on the pole. One other thing that was pointed out to me was that any neat stuff discussed in chat is lost. Whereas items discussed on the forums are saves for others to view. I'm not trying to kill the idea ... but just giving you some food for thought.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: Virtual Meet

james_eric said:
...does there exist on this forum a calendar of events, maybe birthdays? Milestone announcements (as in "hey people, I'm getting married" or suchlike)
Most riding events are announced in the 'Ralleys and Gatherings' forum. If you are going to an event not listed yet, please make a post so others know about it. Any non-scoot related topics should go in the 'The Cafe' forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts