Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted say hi and Wow! this is (for many reasons) a great site. I'm a lurker on many other forums but this one just spoke to me and said "write something" I'm without 2 wheel transportation at the moment and have been looking for the 'perfect' beast for quite a few months. My search has taken me to virtually all the manufacturers and nothing has stirred my interest as much as these large scoots have. I've been riding other peoples bikes (mainly dirt bikes) for most of my life and have only owned one, a 1976 Montesa Cota 348 trials bike. I did a complete overhaul/rebuild/restoration on it. I had a lot of fun with it but soon tired of trying to find parts etc. I also had the good fortune to have use of a Rokon 2wd bike for a time. It was slow, smoky, loud and would go anywhere except on the street.
A few months ago I took a Motorcycle saftey training course and got my license, something I had put off for well over 25 years.
Now that I've introduced myself I'm going to mosy on over to the General Discussion forum and recount an interesting (?) discussion with a dealer I had today.

Rubble

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Barney (couldn't help it Rubble, sorry). At least you have taken the safety course, I'm still procrastinating. So you'll be riding your 650 before
I will.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Rubble. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike;
The name Rubble is steeped in myth and mystery from the land of the aurora borealis. There is no connection with Barney, but not to worry, you are definitely not the first to make that connection nor do I think you will be the last.

Don't procrastinate on the course! When I took it I knew I could pass the road test but I wanted to be safe on the streets and know what to be aware of, lane positioning, hazard avoidance etc. I learned an incredible amount but I had a ton of fun riding those 250cc bikes in the parking lot going through the slow speed maneouvers, braking techniques and counter steering. It was the first time in far too many years that I wasn't riding beyond my abilities trying to keep up with better riders.

Rub

·
Registered
639 Posts
Greetings Rubble from the other side of the pond. :hello2:

If you had told me a year ago that I would be riding a scooter, I would have told you that you're crazy. But you should see the grin on my face nowadays...best fun motorcycle I have ever owned - period! 8)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Rubble

Welcome to the forum :hello2:
Glad you found us and hope you have success in finding a Burger at least to try out.
It would be great if you stuck around anyway (even if you buy something else). :lol: :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rub,
I will FOR SURE enter and complete the riding safety course. You and
many others here at BUSA have convinced me. Don't want to be a
OFDOTR (old fart dead in the road). Afterall, I too need a **** eating
grin on my face riding my 650, like all you other OF's.

Mike

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well I do not qualify for the former but have had my moments where I have rather excelled at the latter. :wink: Not I may add in the same or accomplished league as Monsieur Petomaine :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Rubble and welcome. Good luck in your pursuit of your own Burgman.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts