Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I purchased our AN650 from extreme suzuki in Ohio. $6380.00 out the door. That does not include local taxes and liscense fees. It cost $389.00 to ship to Albuquere, NM. I picked it up at the warehouse and had to remove it from a box and install the windshield. Piece of cake on that one. It is 100 miles to my home in the mountains and the drive home was and eye opener. The bike is very fast but because everyting is automatic it doesn't feel fast. I have to constantly check the speedo to keep from speeding. It goes at least 100 MPH and feels very stable at that speed. I am impressed with the way it handles the curves. It is very flickable and responds to counter steering immediatly. This bike is for my wife and I drive a Goldwing now so I am used to very much comfort. The wind screen leaves a lot to be desired. I can drive my Wing with a ball cap on but not the Burger. I am 6'3" so maybe the taller screen will help. I think it needs to stand up a little straighter to push the air aroung the rider more.
The folks at Extreme Suzuki were a joy to work with and new exactly how to do the deal. I am not affiliated with them so this is an honest opinion of their operation. I think they have about 15 2003's and several 2004's left.
By the way, on the way home I drove through Albuquerque and was given several thumbs up by cage riders. This has never happened on my pristine 93 goldwing. They were either thinking how cool the bike looked or wondering why a 55 year old could look like such a geek on a scooter. Never mind, I enjoyed it.

Dave in Los Alamos

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. Bet you end up riding it a lot more than you had planned before the purchase. I have several bikes that spend a lot more time sitting in the garage than I had planned at the outset. In fact, I am taking "Ranger" (650 Burgman) on a cross-country tour next week and leaving the BMW K12LT at home in the garage. I figure on a minimum of 5,000 miles before getting back. This is a very smooth and relaxing ride with plenty of room for my legs to stretch out. A Clearview windshield took care of the wind buffeting. I am starting the trip with new tires so that I don't have to change them on the road. After returning I will ride the "new" tires down before putting the "old" ones back on again.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats on the new machine cuda. The Burgmans a real eye opener :shock: once you get a chance to ride one. At least now you know your wife won't have any problems keeping up to you on your Wing. Plus you know she will be riding in comfort. I hope she is just as thrilled with it as you are. You will have to let her log on here and have her give us her own impressions for all the other Females looking at possible ownership of the 650.

In regards to the clearview, if you go to the top of the page under search and type in clearview, you will find the info you require.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I went pricing last Sat. Best price was $5999 for a new 03 but they wanted over $1100 for shipping & set-up. Two other dealers were far less for the junk fees but far, far higher for the machines. Worst was a Silverwing which would have cost $9000 with all taxes & fees. Couldn't find a 400. They were all willing to order but would not offer prices unless I said I was ready to deal right then. You can't compare prices that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts