Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to look yesterday at dealer and made deal today. O3 Burger 400. Sold my 2001 Honda Shadow this week to aquire the new ride. Looking forward to having some storage space and an automatic. Hope the 400 has enough power compared to my 750. I mainly do city driving so thought 400 should cover my needs and I want my wife to be able to drive it and she is 5'1". Hope my buddies don't rib my to much as my wife still rides a 500 shadow and I am going to a scooter. Little worried about break in. Hope I can hold it down around 4000 Rpm's. Will write about first ride soon. Bought the 03 for 4600.00. How did I do?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Mark,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA, and congratulations on your new Burgman. I wouldn't sweat the breakin too much. It isn't going to hurt it to go over 4000 rpm when you need to. Just avoid full throttle, and most importantly, vary your engine speed as often as possible. It is also important to get the first service done on time, as I'm sure you know. Enjoy your new scooter!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: Just nailed a 400 Burger today. Pick up tomorrow. Can't

Mark Mettler said:
Went to look yesterday at dealer and made deal today. O3 Burger 400. Sold my 2001 Honda Shadow this week to aquire the new ride. Looking forward to having some storage space and an automatic. Hope the 400 has enough power compared to my 750. I mainly do city driving so thought 400 should cover my needs and I want my wife to be able to drive it and she is 5'1". Hope my buddies don't rib my to much as my wife still rides a 500 shadow and I am going to a scooter. Little worried about break in. Hope I can hold it down around 4000 Rpm's. Will write about first ride soon. Bought the 03 for 4600.00. How did I do?

I've still got a '03 750 ACE Deluxe that I never ride because I'm always on the Burger 400. 90% or more of my riding is intown, and yes the 400 is perfect for that. It'll also be great for your Sweety, mine loves it (the 750 is too big for her). Break-in? Don't even try to keep it under 4k for 600 miles, can't be done unless you ride around the block 2,000 times. $4,600? You should be ashamed, maybe even arrested for theft. Take a ribbing? Well, the US is a bit different then the rest of the world about scooters aren't we? - here they're like fat chicks, fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you with one. You'll just have to get right on past that.

Peace.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the 400. If you got it for 4600 including tax, prep, ect., I'm going to get you to neg the next time I buy and pay you a commision on the savings. If that's before tax, you still got a good deal as I paid $5k for mine a few months ago.

The may not have the same acceleration/top end as the 750 did, but it's a very respectable machine. For city driving, the 'twist and go' of scooters can't be beat. If you do find yourself missing the power, get the wife hooked on the 400 and then go get yourself the Burgman 650. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts

Bleeder said:
Mark Mettler said:
Went to look yesterday at dealer and made deal today. O3 Burger 400. Sold[snipped]Hope my buddies don't rib my to much as my wife still rides a 500 shadow and I am going to a scooter. Little worried about break in. Hope I can hold it down around 4000 Rpm's. Will write about first ride soon. Bought the 03 for 4600.00. How did I do?

[snipped] Take a ribbing? Well, the US is a bit different then the rest of the world about scooters aren't we? - here they're like fat chicks, fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you with one. You'll just have to get right on past that.

Peace.

Love it!! :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts

Mark Mettler said:
Hi Mark

Congrats on the new purchase.
There is no way the Burger can have the power of a bike with an engine twice its size.
However, what you will find (apart from a couple of different riding techniques) is that the Burgers power is more readily useable in urban conditions. Always on the sweet spot the CVT is a cool system.

Techniques wise, obviously no clutch so careful with your left hand and because of engine braking as you approach a stop sign or similar you need to adapt your throttle action. A progressive wind off is in order, rather than slam shut/clutch in - otherwise you will be slowing way too early and fast. Linked brakes - I love em. I have not locked a wheel yet and have really applied what I would have considered way too much lever pressure on a normal motorcycle - the stopping performance is impressive. Have not managed a 'stoppie' though :wink:
Have fun.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congrats on purchasing a new 400 Mark!! Welcome to Burgman USA.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You all are making me have a warm and fuzzy!

Thanks for all the feedback. You all are confirming my decision with the 400. Thanks to all and glad to be here.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Mark and Welcome to the forum. I think all your friends and your wife will be envious of your new ride. Congrats and keep us posted on how things go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts