Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a V Star 1300 Deluxe to keep my Burgman 650 company in the garage. Love the Burgie but wanted the V Star and pulled the trigger. Not thinking of anything but more reasons to ride. Wondered if any others have stable mates for their scoots? The International Motorcycle did me in.

Keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Just another scoot for a stable mate... Don't they look cute cuddled away in their "stable"?

View attachment 21721

Congratulations on the new bike!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just ordered a V Star 1300 Deluxe to keep my Burgman 650 company in the garage. Love the Burgie but wanted the V Star and pulled the trigger. Not thinking of anything but more reasons to ride. Wondered if any others have stable mates for their scoots? The International Motorcycle did me in.

Keep the rubber side down.
I bought a 09 V-Star 650 Midnight Custom to keep my 650 company. I wanted a little bike after I sold my BMW R1200CLC and I found this one with 700 miles on it with $1,000 in accessories for $3,600. It was new and spotless.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have a 650 V-Strom all outfitted for Adventure Riding that is sitting in my motorcycle shed next to my Burgman 650. Different rides for different moods.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Congratulations...........
.........I've been thinking recently that I might have room to fit one bike in my garage too..Hmmmmm

·
Registered
182 Posts
The drive to own a motorcycle is not from logic or need, but from passion, the desire to own more than one is dedicated passion. Of course there is my wife.. Yes!!! No side tracking her...so I decided to lie, scheme, and hide my acquisitions, but is was like hiding an elephant beneath my living room carpet, it didn't take her long to notice. So for now, I have to be content with what I have...how do I know this.. She told me to be content..... She is happy, and so am I.

Moral of the story. When confronted by your wife about what you own... Lie like a rug then beg for Mercy when she finds out.... (Be prepared for alternate sleeping arrangements for a day or two). I once found a blanket and a pillow in my garage next to the motorcycle I just bought with a note outlining the financial rules of the house. I decided right then and there I wouldn't buy another bike........ For at least a few months

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
About 2 years ago I added a Harley Fatboy to keep our K9 650 company in the garage. It's nice to see people expand their horizon and ride more than one kind of bike. Variety is the spice of life. JMO

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 2007 Burgman 400 is hanging out with my 2006 Yamaha FZ1 and the 2002 Honda Reflex 250.
So far I've had no problems with name calling or other sibling rivalry. They all just get along..... So far.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I rather went the other way around. I bought my 650 Burgman to keep my 2010 Goldwing company. Actually, since I have a KLR650 and a PC800 I really did not need something like the Burgman but I always thought that they were a neat bike and when I found my low mile Burgy I couldn't resist. Now I am finding reasons to take the Burgman out and leave the other bikes parked. I guess the term "user friendly" has a lot to do with it.

True, my Burgman doesn't have the electronic cruise control or the GPS or satellite radio that my GL1800 has, but for just humming down a county road and feeling all right my Burgman is just the ticket.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ScooterMike,I had an '03 in Gunmetal Blue. The Fatboy was the best bike I ever had, bar none. Check into the Kuryahkn Panacea LED taillight system. A bit expensive,but really nice.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Every time I think of the 7 years I rode my 90 Fat Boy my back starts hurting all over again. The 'softail' Harley is the worst suspension in the Harley stable. I bought a stablemate to the Fat Boy - a 95 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. I might have put 700 miles on the Fat Boy in the two years I had both in the garage. I sold it after coming to my senses - took two years for that to happen. I still can't seem to get down to one bike/scooter. Anyone want to buy a nice low miles Majesty?

I'm tempted to make it into a reverse three wheeler like Roger has.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
ScooterMike,I had an '03 in Gunmetal Blue. The Fatboy was the best bike I ever had, bar none. Check into the Kuryahkn Panacea LED taillight system. A bit expensive,but really nice.
You won't believe this, but I looked high and low for a 03 Fatboy in Gunmetal Blue before buying my 02 white FB. Gunmetal Blue is my favorite color by far, but the only one I could find had 81,000 miles compared to 13,000 on my current FB. Take care!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Every time I think of the 7 years I rode my 90 Fat Boy my back starts hurting all over again. The 'softail' Harley is the worst suspension in the Harley stable. I bought a stablemate to the Fat Boy - a 95 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. I might have put 700 miles on the Fat Boy in the two years I had both in the garage. I sold it after coming to my senses - took two years for that to happen. I still can't seem to get down to one bike/scooter. Anyone want to buy a nice low miles Majesty?

I'm tempted to make it into a reverse three wheeler like Roger has.
Different strokes for different folks. My buddy has a Ultra Classic.....he calls it a "Sofa On Two Wheels" with all the comforts of his Escalade. Funny you mention your back hurting......that's exactly what happened to me until I added a 4" riser to the handlebars and added highway pegs. My Fatboy came with a Corbin seat which, I have to say, is the most comfy seat I've ever ridden on.

Just curious, why would you ride a bike for 7 years if it hurt your back?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. My buddy has a Ultra Classic.....he calls it a "Sofa On Two Wheels" with all the comforts of his Escalade. Funny you mention your back hurting......that's exactly what happened to me until I added a 4" riser to the handlebars and added highway pegs. My Fatboy came with a Corbin seat which, I have to say, is the most comfy seat I've ever ridden on.

Just curious, why would you ride a bike for 7 years if it hurt your back?
I always referred to both of my Ultra's Geezer-Glides. They do ride nice.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just bought a 2004 BMW r1150rt - the civilian version, not a retired police bike. Love the looks. Found one with 11K miles. Keeping the scooter (pls don't tell wife).

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I retired I had visions of traveling the by-ways, so I traded the Fatboy on a E.G. Classic. Boy, did I screw up. I knew I made a mistake on the ride home from the dealership.The floorboards on the Fatboy are farther forward than on the EG. Easy to spread out. Even with highway pegs, the EG was too compact for me. I had even rented one for a day trip to Mt. Pleasant. wasn't wowed. But the seat was good. the stock Fatboy seat has to be among the worst in motorcycling. after trying a Mustang and Harley branded custom seat, I settled on a Heritage Softtail seat.With the "B" engine, the bike was just comfortable.
Anywho, I sold the EG. the wife and I were planning to take my daughter and grand-daughter to the Philippines, to see the wife's family. I really didn't want to spend a bunch of money again, so I bought the plane tickets and with what was left, I bought a 650 Exec. It is my opinion that if God rode a motorcycle, it would be a Fatboy. Post 2000.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I just bought a 2004 BMW r1150rt - the civilian version, not a retired police bike. Love the looks. Found one with 11K miles. Keeping the scooter (pls don't tell wife).
You will enjoy it once you get accustomed to the "whizzy" brakes. I had a BMW with them. Only bike I ever had with linked power assisted brakes with ABS. They'll stop you on a dime and give you nine cents change. Just watch your brakes on sharp turns in gravel as you can't apply only the rear brake.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts