Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I was looking for a few accories to make the ride easier - and to change the oil -I came up with this list ($400 or so in total)
SKU5937 OIL FILTER BURGMAN $4.19 $12.57
SKU20874 OIL FILTER AN400 2003-09 $0.91 $2.73
SKU20874 OIL FILTER AN400 2003-09 $1.59 $4.77
SKU20077 AN400 PASSENGER BACKREST 20... $155.99 $155.99
SKU_17684 HAND GUARD SET BURGMAN AN400 $107.99 $107.99
990A0-10W40-1GL SUZUKI OIL 10W40 GALLON PER... $13.99 $13.99
SKU21580/990B0-99012 SUZUKI EMERGENCY FIRST AID KIT $19.99 $19.99
SKU20812/99000-99031-163 BURGMAN SIDE VISOR SET AN4... $113.99 $113.99

anything im missing out?
Thanks!
tegu

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Re: Just got a stock 07 burgman with low miles, what to bu

Welcome !pics ? Lol

How about Windscreen ? Extra lights, top box , upgraded horns ?

I would research what oil and filters to buy as there are other options than suzi's own

Also justa suggestion add what state/ country you are in

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

If you are at all thinking of an aftermarket windshield (cuts way down on the buffeting you get, particularly at or near freeway speeds), hold off on the hand protectors. The Givi windshields (I don't know about the others) are flared toward the base and serve the purpose well. Also, the Givis interfere with the hand protectors. I've got the adjustable Givi and like it a lot. Regarding top cases, I always recommend the Bestem 929. It doesn't look bit, is good sized and inexpensive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

no pics yet - pick up tomorrow - Dallas TX is the area

the handle covers are $130ish - the windscreen is a better option? thanks for the quick replies!

·
Registered
183 Posts

Emergency first aid kit? I just take a cell phone with 911 programmed into speed dial. That way you can order a pizza while you wait for the ambulance. Actually, I do believe that a Suzuki branded first aid kit is a gigantic waste of money and would recommend a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and clean underwear as a substitute. Enjoy your new ride and never take your mind off your business while you ride.

·
Premium Member
8,152 Posts

momule said:
Emergency first aid kit? I just take a cell phone with 911 programmed into speed dial. That way you can order a pizza while you wait for the ambulance. Actually, I do believe that a Suzuki branded first aid kit is a gigantic waste of money and would recommend a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and clean underwear as a substitute. Enjoy your new ride and never take your mind off your business while you ride.
ditto that , and i've had two bikes totaled , the windscreen is a must in my opinion, oil change stuff is in the bkb , a lemon or some lemon extract to keep in the glove box to help wipe off the burgman grin might be helpful, or might get you arrested as a lunatic :cheers: enjoy :!:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

tegu said:
Hello
I was looking for a few accories to make the ride easier - and to change the oil -I came up with this list ($400 or so in total)
SKU5937 OIL FILTER BURGMAN $4.19 $12.57
SKU20874 OIL FILTER AN400 2003-09 $0.91 $2.73
SKU20874 OIL FILTER AN400 2003-09 $1.59 $4.77
SKU20077 AN400 PASSENGER BACKREST 20... $155.99 $155.99
SKU_17684 HAND GUARD SET BURGMAN AN400 $107.99 $107.99
990A0-10W40-1GL SUZUKI OIL 10W40 GALLON PER... $13.99 $13.99
SKU21580/990B0-99012 SUZUKI EMERGENCY FIRST AID KIT $19.99 $19.99
SKU20812/99000-99031-163 BURGMAN SIDE VISOR SET AN4... $113.99 $113.99

anything im missing out?
Thanks!
tegu
You not say where live, give little detail your motorcycle experience or exact bike info.

Accessory most important for begin with, hi quality helmet, good quality motorcycle protection glove, hi quality motorcycle jacket pant and boot, ATGATT, good quality brake F & R, 2 good tire, if never take one take MSF course or other motorcycle training, clean air filter, oil filter and motorcycle oil not automobile oil, confortble seat, seat pad or bead cover if necessary, (for me hand gard useless item big waste money) if not like OEM windshield then GIVI or other windshield, GIVI top box with back pad for passenger, small compressor, Stop-n-Go plug kit for emergency tire repair, USB permanent connection for phone and GPS, all else install only after like GPS ram mount, additional back rest, new loud horn, aux drive light, heat hand grip or heat glove, etc. etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

sorry - did do the MSF - in Dallas TX - WIll look at sheilds instead of the hand guards , any part numbers or vendors to look out for getting the Givi?
Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts

tegu said:
no pics yet - pick up tomorrow - Dallas TX is the area

the handle covers are $130ish - the windscreen is a better option? thanks for the quick replies!
The best price I could find for a Givi 266DT windscreen with the install kit was Premier Cycle Accessories.

http://www.pca-one.com/productDetail.asp?productID=40

Wth shipping to MA was $180.66.

They're located in Ohio.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

Next will come the stereo, GPS, LED lights, etc.....no wait that was me. :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Scootereno said:
Next will come the stereo, GPS, LED lights, etc.....no wait that was me. :roll:
which HIDs did you go for? I would love to see what people chose and how the price / install was!

·
Registered
661 Posts

I think you left gasoline off the list - lots and lots of gasoline!

ENJOY your ride! :D

·
Registered
2,088 Posts

The factory backrest is of dubious use. My wife rides pillion and was very concerned when I traded my '05 with backrest for my '08 without. She got over it in about 10 minutes as she never sits back far enough to even feel the backrest. Plus, it kind of kills the sleekness of the bike. Take the backrest money and buy a Givi AirFlow (AF266).

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts

I would hold off on some of the farkles. As others have said, the hand guards aren't needed if you buy a Givi windshield. The windshield does the same function, so use the money you'd spend on the handguards for the more expensive Givi Airflow. The backrest is unnecessary if you buy a top box...in fact, I don't believe you can install both. It's one or the other.

As for HID lights, you may want to reconsider those. Unless you fit HID projectors, the light from the bulb replacement will put light on the road, the trees above, and the oncoming driver's eyes...and the oncoming LEO's eyes too.

If you're looking for things to bring on the trip when you pick it up, I'd go down to a place like Lowe's Hardware and pick up the Slime SPAIR kit. It'll give you some tire repair capability, which will be the biggest hazard you'd get on the way home.

Chris

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

Daboo said:
I would hold off on some of the farkles. As others have said, the hand guards aren't needed if you buy a Givi windshield. The windshield does the same function, so use the money you'd spend on the handguards for the more expensive Givi Airflow. The backrest is unnecessary if you buy a top box...in fact, I don't believe you can install both. It's one or the other.

As for HID lights, you may want to reconsider those. Unless you fit HID projectors, the light from the bulb replacement will put light on the road, the trees above, and the oncoming driver's eyes...and the oncoming LEO's eyes too.

If you're looking for things to bring on the trip when you pick it up, I'd go down to a place like Lowe's Hardware and pick up the Slime SPAIR kit. It'll give you some tire repair capability, which will be the biggest hazard you'd get on the way home.

Chris
I agree with Chris..........!!!!!! Hold off on spending a ton of money on the scoot until you find out how much you love it..!!!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
647 Posts

easier said that done ! :twisted:

Those farkles have some sort of majical attraction - :D

But i agree - even though i cant stop myself !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

i installed the givi shield - youre right - it is a great deal and an amazing mod - pretty easy and fun to change up!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

tegu said:
i installed the givi shield - youre right - it is a great deal and an amazing mod - pretty easy and fun to change up!
You know that you have thing well in check.......when your farkle bill is = to your fuel bill............... :lol: :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts