Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time Goldwing owner(15+) yrs. Had to sell my '95 last week , it was getting to hard for me to handle at my age and with both hips and one knee replaced.. A person called and wanted to buy it from me and I said OK. Went out today and found a '08 650 executive with low miles and it looks like it has been taken care.Did not get the owners manual or a service manual from him. Is there a way that I can find one one on the internet without paying? I will be asking question to begin with being that it is new to me. Will be changing all of the fluids in the next couple of weeks and checking the air filter. Is there anything else that I need to take care of right away?
Thanks ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Reactions: Gfines and Rusty J

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congratulations on the 650 purchase. I too am an old goldwing rider who can no longer comfortably mount a traditional motorcycle saddle. I.owned a 650 burgman but had to resell due to its weight while maneuvering during parking. I then went to a 400 which was much easier due to its lighter weight. What are your experiences and how do you like it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a chance to ride the bike some today. The bike is so much easier for me to ride than the '95 Goldwing that I did have. I don't have any problems when I come to a stop and trying to keep the bike up right. I will have to get use to the new sounds that the bike does make when taking off. I think that I will like the bike very much.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Welcome @tprender
I also was a Gold Wing rider. A '90 GL1500. Only had it a short time... 4 1/2 years. But I was already feeling the bulk. I graduated to my first Burgman 650 in 2006. Then thought I wanted something bigger (I was only 51 at the time) and played around with an ST1100 and CTX1300 but then realized that I already had the best ride for me. Now I'm 65 and getting ready for that time when I need those operations... er, enhancements to the joints and am back on the Burgman. My legs thank me. You'll enjoy it more and more the more you ride it.

Reactions: pasty

·
Registered
311 Posts
You guys are making me a bit envious. I need to retire, and buy the following: A new 650. A new 400. A like new Goldwing, I think I prefer the pre 2018 models with the big storage.

And rent the following: A commercial girlfriend, should ask for a discount rate, only need 5 minutes at a time.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I hope you were kidding about the big storage. Both newer model Burgman 650 and the 2018 GW have SMALLER storage than their earlier models. But not by much. Don't know about the B400.

Oh, and your rental list needs more detail. :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts