Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be fun to list some famous and not-so-famous appearances of scooters on the big screen. Of course it wouldn't be the beloved Burgy, but, c'est la vie. Actually I can only remember three:
1) The Wedding Planner. A fun romantic-comedy (if you enjoy those) that has a secondary character from Italy riding a small scoot here in the states (and the movie also has Scrabble in it, another of my favorites).
2) My sons reminded me that the spiderman character rides a scooter in "SpiderMan 2". I think he's delivering pizzas?
3) The wife and I just saw "Roman Holiday" again, which of course has Audrey Hepburn wreaking havoc in Rome whilst riding an older scoot. Lands her in trouble with the local authorities, naturally.
Can you remember others?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
How 'bout Pee Wee Herman? I can't remember if he used his scooter in his movies or not, but he had one on his TV show...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I'll add Quadrophenia (1979). The whole movie revolved around a group of "mods" and their scooters versus the "rockers" and their cruisers during the violent summer of '65 when riots racked Brighton, England.

It's available at many video rental outlets, but it's often mis-categorized as a musical because it was produced by "The Who." (They provided the money and the sound track, but it's definitely NOT a musical.)

More info on the movie here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079766/

There are still (I think) walking tours in Brighton of the movie's locale, and some of the props are on display at a museum there.

·
Registered
761 Posts
WOH, you are multi-versed and multi-talented aren't you Brian. heheheee.
Excellent.

Don't forget about the over dozen or so Black and White movies. Actually, there is a website that lists the movies that had scooters in them. I found it one day a few years back when trying to do research on the NEW Silverwing that was coming out.

Too tired now to think..

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
captainfish said:
WOH, you are multi-versed and multi-talented aren't you Brian. ...
Well, I love movies and I love scooters. A match made in heaven. :wink:

Speaking of which, let's not forget American Graffitti (1973).

The character Toad (Charles Martin Smith) rides a Vespa (badly) about which the girl of his dreams (Debbie, played by Candy Clark) says, "Well, that's almost a motorcycle, and I really dig motorcycles."

·
Registered
355 Posts
The young FBI agent in the wonderful movie HELLBOY rides a scooter!

·
Registered
250 Posts
There's definitely a silver Piaggio X9 in 'Ocean's 12'.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I could swear that I saw a skywave 650 in the movie The Grudge.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The Borne Identity

Throughout the movie The Bourne Identity and particularly during the chase scene, the protagonists race around Europe in an original Mini automobile weaving around many a scooter. Then at the end of the film we find the heroine running a flower shopand scooter rental store.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: The Borne Identity

minnmax said:
...The Bourne Identity

Then at the end of the film we find the heroine running a flower shop and scooter rental store.
Ah yes! Excellent movie, IMNSHO. Lots of FX and fast cuts, as with most movies today, but also a real plot and some thematic development.

I'd forgotten about the scooter rental shop at the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts