Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

441 - 459 of 459 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
dkusnetzky said:
My Burgman is stress reduction therapy. I've tried to get my insurance company to pay for the bike as medical equipment. They're having none of it.
And I thought that Medical Therapy equipment
was tax-deductable....... :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Retired California city Police Officer and Retired County Criminal Investigator - US Army veteran

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I USED to work for the State Technology department as a computer server administrator (hardware stuff and networking and things). Since 2005 (when I started there) I rode what ever bike I owned to work most days. Only missed the days when I had to carry equipment that didn't fit on my bike or if there was slippery stuff on the route that took to get to work... like snow and ice. Otherwise I rode to work in all kinds of weather: Hot like up over 100F, cold like 15 below zeroF, raining, sunny, and everything in between. I even a few times rode home in heavy snowfall resulting in a very slushy and slow ride home (twice in 10 days in April and the temp both times was in the upper 30sF!). Those last "fun" rides in slush were on my 2005 Burgman 650.

Now I'm retired. But the last 10 months riding to work were on my 2013 Burgman 650.

Oh, and I am also retired military. The first few years of service I rode my first bike to the base, a Harley dual sport, but then sold it and didn't get another bike until after I retired from the service in 1999.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Oh, and I am also retired military. The first few years of service I rode my first bike to the base, a Harley dual sport, but then sold it and didn't get another bike until after I retired from the service in 1999.
Hey I remember you !

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
What I had was a HD 125. But it was an AMF version HD. Looks like all those people behind the rider are laughing AT his bike... or at him. I just HAD to have the whole HD experience (minus the lifestyle). The bike spent the first winter I owned it taking up my one car garage in pieces while I had to rebuild the engine due to an oil system failure.
Here is similar to what I had. Mine was all black.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
I rode a 250cc and it would be the only HD I would own.
Back in the Wide World of Sports days with :

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
20 years as a Photojournalist followed by 4 years as a Senior Aviation Photographer for a commercial aircraft manufacturer. Then (now) Operations Supervisor for Canada's largest delivery company. Retire in 15 months.

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
Bum. Full time time waster.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Quit Semi-Precious Metals Reclamation.....they just ain’t paying as much for empty beer cans.

Reactions: AZScootRN

·
Registered
96 Posts
Teacher and Athletic Director. Air Force Vet.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Happily retired. Owned and operated a small chain of Floor Care appliance sales & service centers. Now I work part-time at a merchandising firm so as to earn a little extra money to feed my toys... 2 Burgmans, 1 Honda Helix, 1 Yamaha 4-wheeler, and a lovely wife!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Spent six years as a university athletic department photographer, then worked as a newspaper photojournalist for several years, following that I worked as an international photographer for seven years for a community service and adventure travel company which took me to 43 countries all around the world, today I'm an editorial and commercial photographer based in the southeast! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd have the opportunity to do the things I've done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
A grade procrastinator, beach bum of note, work for Walk & SeeMore, sometimes I work for my dad who is looking for a job. Jokes aside, I can't really tell you, it's classified.

·
Registered
540 Posts
C++ programmer building UIs for windows and embedded linux, or microprocessor firmware.
Ex VB Programmer, ex PLC programmer.
Hobbyst composer, avid boardgamer/roleplayer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Emergency Room nurse at the Tucson V.A. medical center. I've been an RN for 26 years.

441 - 459 of 459 Posts