Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

421 - 440 of 459 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
mikeyMarine said:
currently no w4 type job, I am primary caregiver for both parents with " forgetful problem" it makes life interesting. Retired Marine in a previous life. if it was fixed we broke it, if it was broke we fixed it, if we didn't know, we painted it . and before anyone says thanks for service, let me say the teachers deserve more thanks than the Marines, we had a way of dealing with problems quickly and efficiently , teachers very rarely are allowed to rip off a students head and p%ss down their necks, and still they come to work day after day
God Bless You . . . for the sentiment (true-er words never spoken) and for your service . . . I am retired (disability) railroad mechanic/inspector/Union representative and spend my time now trying to find a better way . . . presently involved with trying to restore a local community theatre facility (board of directors) and stay moving (riding, fishing, etc,). I do note a lot of very talented and professional people here - recon that is why the choice of Burgman?

·
Registered
86 Posts
A short time @ building Oldsmobiles, 3+ years in Seabees, 32 years as a printer, 5+ years as a driver, and set up guy for blood drives in semi retirement. Now I'm in pest control, killing bugs on my Burgie and mommas Silverwing. Life could be so much worse, than it could be better!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I print T shirts, mostly dogs and custom stuff

40 years self employed

Wife has a real job, both work from home

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Sales Rep for Frito Lay, Last week rode the Burgman out to buisness related meeting and got paid 53 cents per mile. Should I feel guilty?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Re:

andyman7931 said:
I write software to help people get their beer more efficiently :)

I'm a controls engineer for a package handling system integrator who's main customers are beverage distributors.

Intersesting.
Very similar to myself, Although I'm now the Plant Engineer at a small to medium manufacturing facility, I spent many years as a Field Service Engineer, and a couple as a Controls Engineer for a Packaging Equipment OEM, who mainly dealt with the Beverage industry.

Judging by your location, am going to take a wild swing in the dark at your employer, and ask if you know Glen Paro?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a Quality Control supervisor for a seafood processing plant. (26 years now)

I also make dog collars/leashes for agilily on the side (also compete with my Pit Bull)
I used to make lycra hoods, and tail bags for horses. stopped doing that when I sold my last horse.
And I do a little photography.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Interesting to see the demographics here

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
true the burgman crowd does seem a good cross section of good old american values, but no hookers , thieves , politicians, or talk show hosts, well we do have some lawyers.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Supposed to be retired, but that hasn't worked out very well. I found I got bored doing nothing.

* Part-time writer of PR stuff for research at a university.

* Freelance sports photographer. Primary customer is a newspaper, but also sell photos on the web.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I'm an independent IT industry analyst and author. I am the primary author for the ZDnet.com column "Virtually Speaking." I've recently published a book on virtualization technology titled "Virtualization: A Manager's Guide" published by O'Reilly Media. I've spoken at about every major IT industry event in the U.S. over the last 15 years.

My Burgman is stress reduction therapy. I've tried to get my insurance company to pay for the bike as medical equipment. They're having none of it.

421 - 440 of 459 Posts