Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

401 - 420 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Principal engineer. I write procedures to build America's ground based interceptor rockets at Vandenberg AFB, also known as Star Wars defense.

Greg

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I stay happily involved as Pastor Emeritus of the church I served as senior pastor for many years. I am invited to assist with weddings, baby dedications, etc. and, sadly, many funerals. I make occasional hospital calls and have begun teaching seminary extension courses. My Burgman, named St. Peregrine (aka Perry), is my transportation when weather permits.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I am a music department chair at a college in Jacksonville, FL. I also am a part-time staff member of a large Episcopal church in the Jacksonville area.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Retired 5½ years ago from the computer industry when I was offered money and a pensiono take early retirement. I think I took about 80 nanoseconds to decide to leave when the offer was made, the job was crap, remote support for a very large number of brain dead silly servants, most of whom had the manners of a dead aardvark. Hated the job and was thinking of leaving anyway.

Nowadays, when people ask what work I do, I simply reply "Work, oh that's what poor people do to get money isn't it".

Skint but happy.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Semi retired not-for-profit Technical Training and Art for Kids program host in Pittsburgh. Taught Organizational Behavior at two local universities and currently an international commissioner for a US Department of Education recognized accrediting commission. Active Oriental medical school consultant in southern California and Korea.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I started work in 1948 as apprentice auto mechanic in England, came to Canada in 1951, got my journeymans ticket.
Also got journeyman partsmans ticket after a few years and spent most of my working life in the auto business.
I eventually retired on my 65th birthday in 1996, I figured 48 years was long enough. I have a wife(#2), 3 daughters and
3 grandchildren, a K7 AN400 and a model railway that I spend time working on, and am looking forward to my
80th birthday in a couple of months.
Stay safe out there
Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm a manager at a mining machinery factory.

I ride just about every day that the roads are safe. Ten miles each way.

It always makes me feel like I did a little more that day than just get up and go to work.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
After 3 months on my part time job as a delivery driver for Pep Boys, I am starting to realize the many benefits that were not so obvious at first. See if you can guess some.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
How about Empolyee Discounts ?
Do you provide your own 'wheels' for deliveries ?
Extra income to pay for a new scooter? :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I do get employees discounts and of course extra cash to pay for scooter and I use pep boys trucks to make deliveries and i will pm u the rest haha! I just tried to pm u the rest but it said "requested user not listed". Did u get it? If not , send me a short pm if u want and I'll reply with the rest.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I just tried PMing Duster too to see if I got the same error. It may be localized to your account. Let me know if you get the error again and we'll do some troubleshooting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was a high school teacher for the last 6 years. Now, I am in law school and I work part-time for a firm that only defends those accused of marijuana crimes (usually cases where the defendant has a medical marijuana card, but still gets arrested). There, I write motions, interview clients and witnesses, attend conferences, and co-chair at trials.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
steveinoz said:
Man & Machine v The Elements

Is that your 'home'??
(been there-done that)

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
currently no w4 type job, I am primary caregiver for both parents with " forgetful problem" it makes life interesting. Retired Marine in a previous life. if it was fixed we broke it, if it was broke we fixed it, if we didn't know, we painted it . and before anyone says thanks for service, let me say the teachers deserve more thanks than the Marines, we had a way of dealing with problems quickly and efficiently , teachers very rarely are allowed to rip off a students head and p%ss down their necks, and still they come to work day after day

Reactions: tahoeking

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I retired from the US Navy with 32 years of Active and Reserve duty in 1993. I am a veteran of Cuban Missile Blockade, Vietnam, Desert Shield, and Desert Storm service. As a Fire Control Technician, I operated and repaired electronics equipment in Gun and Missile systems. After I was a Senior Chief Petty Officer (E8), I was commissioned as a Chief Warrant Officer (W2). I was serving in the Military Sealift Command when I retired as a CWO4 (W4). I worked in federal civil service writing tech manuals and maintenance procedures until I retired there, too. I worked for the county assessor's office for a while until I decided that was enough. I volunteer my time providing military honors with other veterans at military funerals ( www.militaryhonors.blogspot.com ). I also ride with the Patriot Guard Riders. My pickup truck sits in the drive way with cob webs on it (14 mpg). I ride my burg most every day (48 mpg) and have lots of grins and giggles. cvw

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I just retired from the hairy world of pet grooming after 20 years. Not sure what the good Lord has in mind for me now.

Guess I'll find out................... :angel8:

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Mountain Bliss said:
I just retired from the hairy world of pet grooming after 20 years. Not sure what the good Lord has in mind for me now.

Guess I'll find out................... :angel8:
a shower??? :lol:

401 - 420 of 459 Posts