Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Wednesday I picked up a new 2013 Burgman 650. So far I'm liking it. I got a few of questions.

1. Does anyone know if I can buy from Suzuki the heated seat that other markets get? I've seen some new seats on Ebay for the 2013 Burgman 650 but I'm wondering if it's plug and play, or am I going to need to splice into the wiring?

2. How do I get some Pearl Bracing White color paint? I've already checked out Color-Rite but they don't offer that color for some reason.

3. Where can I buy a service manual for the bike? Does Suzuki offer one?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
http://www.tradebit.com/G/manuals

You can get an older manual at the above site. I haven't seen a 2013. But for $8, might be worth a download. The engine hasn't changed.

Congrats on the new bike!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I can't help you with the first although I looked on japan.webike.net and they did not have it.

Color rite does not carry every single color especially ones that are new and only used by one model. Suzuki has multiple pearl whites for some reason. I assume you are looking for paint to touch up some scratches/chips? Maybe one of the other whites is close enough for small repairs.

Yes Suzuki offers a service manual. You should be able to get one from your dealer or you can order one from Suzuki - http://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/

·
Registered
220 Posts
You will not find a pearl paint in a spray can, pearl paint is done in a three step process and with three different paints to get the pearl color you want. These paints will be expensive and will require being done by a professional painter with the right equipment for applying the paint, it won't be cheap either. As far as the heated seat goes, I feel that a different wiring harness will be on scooters equipped with heated seats from the factory, plus there are switches and heat controller that will be needed to make it work properly. If items like heated seats are not offered by Suzuki as an accessory I would pass on wanting to do this. By heated clothes, much less money and you can warn your whole body, not just you rear.

John

·
Registered
366 Posts
Last Wednesday I picked up a new 2013 Burgman 650. So far I'm liking it. I got a few of questions.

1. Does anyone know if I can buy from Suzuki the heated seat that other markets get? I've seen some new seats on Ebay for the 2013 Burgman 650 but I'm wondering if it's plug and play, or am I going to need to splice into the wiring?

2. How do I get some Pearl Bracing White color paint? I've already checked out Color-Rite but they don't offer that color for some reason.

3. Where can I buy a service manual for the bike? Does Suzuki offer one?
The manual you can order from Suzuki direct on their webpage. Suzuki did a lot of changes for the 10th anniversary so the 2013 and 2014 are identical but different in many ways to prior years. You can use the old manual for many things but as for transmission and brakes, etc there're were changes made.
as for the heated seat look it up on the Suzuki site or google it but make sure it fits 2013, 2014 models. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you pop your seat up you will see a fuse block on the left edge, it has a label for a spot for a heated seat with no fuse in it. It must be a kit from Suzuki that you can install and plug into it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You will not find a pearl paint in a spray can, pearl paint is done in a three step process and with three different paints to get the pearl color you want. These paints will be expensive and will require being done by a professional painter with the right equipment for applying the paint, it won't be cheap either. As far as the heated seat goes, I feel that a different wiring harness will be on scooters equipped with heated seats from the factory, plus there are switches and heat controller that will be needed to make it work properly. If items like heated seats are not offered by Suzuki as an accessory I would pass on wanting to do this. By heated clothes, much less money and you can warn your whole body, not just you rear.

John
I don't use heated gear. It's a personal preference. The electrical stuff can fail and you could be in big trouble. I'd rather carry layered gear. I've never been really cold except once, and believe it or not it was in the Florida Everglades on a January night.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Good point . I do have a battery vest but don't rely on it for distance...layers it is tho the bike has heated grips

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you pop your seat up you will see a fuse block on the left edge, it has a label for a spot for a heated seat with no fuse in it. It must be a kit from Suzuki that you can install and plug into it.
Thanks for the info. You are right there is an empty fuse position and it's marked S-Heater.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The manual you can order from Suzuki direct on their webpage. Suzuki did a lot of changes for the 10th anniversary so the 2013 and 2014 are identical but different in many ways to prior years. You can use the old manual for many things but as for transmission and brakes, etc there're were changes made.
as for the heated seat look it up on the Suzuki site or google it but make sure it fits 2013, 2014 models. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.
I ordered the manual from the Suzuki site, so that problem is solved. Suzuki does offer a heated seat option in their European catalog, but no mention of the heated seat in the US accessories catalog. I sent a message to an ebay seller that offers the heated OEM seat. I wanted to know if it comes with switch. If it does I will order it and see it I can install it. Hopefully it is plug and play. If not I'm sure I can wire something up to the switch to get it to work.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
and in Canada. To bad your's is a newer model as I have a heated seat but it's 2009

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
A good cheaper solution is installing a heated seat pad from cozywinters.com. Peel the cover back, lay in place, put switch on side of seat, then hook up your wires. Good solution for $99.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I ordered the manual from the Suzuki site, so that problem is solved. Suzuki does offer a heated seat option in their European catalog, but no mention of the heated seat in the US accessories catalog. I sent a message to an ebay seller that offers the heated OEM seat. I wanted to know if it comes with switch. If it does I will order it and see it I can install it. Hopefully it is plug and play. If not I'm sure I can wire something up to the switch to get it to work.
I was told by a American Suzuki Rep that they do sell it but I've never seen it or even a part number for the kit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seat Part Number
45100-26810-AF4

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Heated seat

Increases riding comfort even in cold and
wet conditions. The driver’s area of the seat
or the driver’s and the pillion rider’s area
can be heated. Replaces original seat.
BURGMAN 650, for standard model from
model year 2013

P/N 45100-26810-AF4

GRIP HEATER
No matter how chilly it may be, these
grip heaters will keep your fingers warm
as long as you may ride. The grip heaters
can be set in five different heat ranges.
Set for left and right side.
BURGMAN 650, for standard model from
model year 2013

P/N 57100-05880-000

Being it's an factory accessory it should include the switch. As whether or not the wiring is there on our models who knows until someone pulls the panel off but it sounds like it based on a previous comment. From here. https://www.suzuki.at/stuff/zubehoer/bike/ZUBfolder/Zubehoer_Scooter_2014.pdf

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did run across a parts diagram somewhere showing the heated seat. In that diagram it did show under that part number that the switch was included with the seat. I have ordered the seat from an ebay seller. When it arrives I will post if the switch is included and if the seat is plug and play.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I did run across a parts diagram somewhere showing the heated seat. In that diagram it did show under that part number that the switch was included with the seat. I have ordered the seat from an ebay seller. When it arrives I will post if the switch is included and if the seat is plug and play.
If you ordered the part # above it should come with the switch because it's an accessory part to add it to a bike that doesn't have it as opposed to a replacement part # which would be different (just the seat).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts