Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered (and received!) the Fiamm dual HF-90 high performance horn kit from ridesafer.com. 134dB, baby. These were the loudest horns I could find. I will terrorize the pedestrian crosswalks in Washington, DC next week. :twisted:

I probably won't have the opportunity to install the horns until at least Monday, if not later, but when I do, I'll try to take some pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I LIKE! Let us know how the install goes. Take pictures if you have to be creative for the install.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Did you get them installed yet?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not yet...

It's been raining every day. My scooter sits in the parking lot under cover. I have no garage or carport, so I can only do the work when the weather cooperates. I did get the job started on Monday, but I only got as far as disassembling the front end of the scooter. I will have to be creative in finding a location to mount the horns. I think one of them will fit in the same spot as the original.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Loud horn

Daveman,

I'm new to the site and I was reading you horn message from last summer. Did you get the loud horn installed and if so.........how is it?

Joe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Joe,

Yes, I did install it. Never got around to posting a follow-up message, though. Basically, the installation wasn't too difficult. The hardest part, as with all maintenance on this scooter, was disassembling/reassembling the body parts. The kit came with everything needed to install the horns. No splicing, tapping, or cutting of any wires on the Burgman is required.

The horns are not as loud as I expected, to be honest. When I did some research on this problem, I found that many people who have experienced this problem did not install a relay with the horns. I did install a relay, however, so I'm not sure what the problem is. The horns are slightly louder than the stock horn, so I'm not going to pursue it any further - it's not worth the hassle of taking the Burgman apart again just to get to the relay and wiring.

Regards,
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts