Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded from an 87 helix to a 03 burgman 650 for $1100 with 41,000 miles on it. Bike was cared for, but the gentleman that had it passed away. I learned about the stop pully bolt, but what other things should I look for that I might need to inspect or replace once I get it home?

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts
Reactions: dogboy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are there any service manuals for 2015 650 Burgmans. That site only has ones for 2003. Is it the same as the 2015?

·
Premium Member
9,437 Posts
CVT and air filters.

·
Administrator
20,671 Posts
Bungee, Welcome to the forums. I too have a 2003 650.

Most of the things said above are echoed.

There is one item for the 2002-2004 Burgman 650's that helps with the loud Diesel rattling noise. It is a $225 part designed in Poland called the "Polish Primary Input Adapter", a complete kit. You remove the short factory adapter using the provided extractor in the kit and tap the new longer adapter in and tighten the new longer bolt with a drop of 'BLUE' thread locker.

To see if someone has installed a kit is simple. On the left side just behind the oil level site glass is a steel cover held on with 2 10mm bolt's. Under that cover is the Primary Input Adapter. If the bolt is down deep inside it is the factory unit. See the two pictures below.

Diesel or Not.jpg

Primary adapter old and new 3.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bungee, Welcome to the forums. I too have a 2003 650.

Most of the things said above are echoed.

There is one item for the 2002-2004 Burgman 650's that helps with the loud Diesel rattling noise. It is a $225 part designed in Poland called the "Polish Primary Input Adapter", a complete kit. You remove the short factory adapter using the provided extractor in the kit and tap the new longer adapter in and tighten the new longer bolt with a drop of 'BLUE' thread locker.

To see if someone has installed a kit is simple. On the left side just behind the oil level site glass is a steel cover held on with 2 10mm bolt's. Under that cover is the Primary Input Adapter. If the bolt is down deep inside it is the factory unit. See the two pictures below.

View attachment 93094

View attachment 93095
Thank you. Mine doesn't make that noise. I'll take cover off and check. Fix is big enough I should be able to tell.

·
Premium Member
9,437 Posts

·
Administrator
20,671 Posts
So I should replace the belt or inspect it?
On the 650 there is no way to inspect the belt.

What WSPollock was meaning is to check the Air filter and the CVT's inlet air filter. The CVT filter is a huge PITA to get to so a lot of 650s do not get checked and that may be a leading cause of CVT failures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

This is my burgman 650. I finally got it home. I would like to thank everyone for there help. I have to fix the seat latch. Does the key push in then turn to the right for seat latch? My key will not push in to turn right. It will only push in to left for steering lock. Also can't find parts on web for deiseling problem. Mine doesn't make the noise like on scoots on YouTube but was interested in case that changes. Again thank you all for your knowledge and help. Ben

·
Premium Member
13,099 Posts
there's a clear plastic bottle of some nasty lookin stuff on the seat, best replace it with a can.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yes key pushes in and turn over the right to trip the latch. What does happen the metal clip on the seat gets a groove worn into it so it wont trip the little catch on the lock. You may have to push the seat over slightly as it engages to trip the latch and lock the seat.

·
Premium Member
9,437 Posts
Yes key pushes in and turn over the right to trip the latch. What does happen the metal clip on the seat gets a groove worn into it so it wont trip the little catch on the lock. You may have to push the seat over slightly as it engages to trip the latch and lock the seat.
I’d say push down, instead of over — I think that’s clearer.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I’d say push down, instead of over — I think that’s clearer.
I think you misunderstood my post. There is a little lever in th V notch of the seat lock that the seat catch trips when you push down the seat. Over time a slot gets worn in the seat latch so when it engages in the V notch it slips past the little latch and fails to lock the seat. Will only happen on high use bikes where the seat has been open and closed many times such as mine. Or maybe the OP,s

·
Premium Member
13,099 Posts
the key isn't moving to the unlatch position? from off, push in turn right. if it won't push in, as you said, the switch is faulty unless you are using a wonky key, to get the trunk open, dave can tell you where the cable is under the hump. then when it's open do the emergency seat release mod

1 - 20 of 31 Posts