Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I just left E-bay, I was checking on some tools but as always I check cars, scooters. tickets for ball games, always looking for a good deal. Tonight I came across a dealer in Germany selling what looks
like 90 Honda Silver Wings. They have 3 listings of 30 in each listing. I hear Silver Wings are having their problems but when I see a dealer unloading like that it just confirms it in my mind to stay away from the Silver Wing. Just looking at a good complete set of pictures of Silver Wings and Burgman 650s I don't know how any one would chose a Silver Wing over a Burgman. I've come to the conclusion that Silver Wing riders didn't know or still don't know about the Burgman. I had a Honda 450 in 1965 and a Honda 750 in 1972. Both very good bikes and I think Honda is pretty good over all. But I think and its only an opinion, I think the Silver Wing is going to be their problem child. I hope I didn't get any wing butts mad at me because I'm just an old guy thinking out loud.
Happy trails,
Poppy

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are those ebay listings for those 90 wings

eBay item 2481973184 (Ends Jun-18-04 11:06:30 PDT) - Other Honda : Scooter Honda Silver

eBay item 2481973929 (Ends 19-Jun-04 04:16:46 AEST) - 30 Brand new Scooter Honda Silver Wing ABS

eBay item 2481974448 (Ends Jun-18-04 11:25:49 PDT) - 30 Brand new Scooter Honda Silver Wing ABS

Happy Trails
Poppy

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't believe that the majority of scooter customers are getting swayed
away from SW's because Honda had a recall. That's not what customers see
when they walk into a dealer Wanting a Scooter.

Worldwide, Honda could sell automatic lawnmowers if the Honda logo
were large enough.

S'wings are expensive and Honda may have done themselves over
gouge-matic pricing. Gouging the SW so that customers think twice and
walk isn't helping but even GM can have a dull sales year when they can't
keep up with the competition.

This entire fiasco could be about a zealous attempt of one purchasing agent
who had attempted to 'corner' SW availabiltiy in a region of several stores.
The manufacturer in this case may not have been keen on price protecting
a 'lot' of SW's that went for under wholesale that one time.

Given the fact that this 'one time' buy of 90 bikes was made at a time that the model
year was about to move on anyway, the wholesale buyer is now looking to
unload.

There are cycle dealers that have factory agreements but do instead the majority
of their 'margin advantages' through buys from e-bay and dealer transfers.

It's all money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts