Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase new Burgman 400. I am 6'6" tall and weigh 200 Lbs. I have a 2005 Piaggio BV 200. Been using year round in Coeur d'Alene. Took on Interstate 90 once. Never again. Plenty of get up and go, just too lite.
I want advise . Given my height, which after market wind screen would reccomend? Also, interested in any excessiries you'd reccomend and ideas. Than you.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Take off the butt bumper. Normally I'd recommend a BB extension as it will give you an extra inch or two of leg room, but at your height, I remove it altogether and get the extra three inches or so of room.

No problem riding 90 on the 400, its really stable. But not much faster than that, tho.

Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Given your height you may want to consider the 650. Strongly

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you are looking for a good stable scooter, you can't go wrong with either. The 400 and the 650 are both freeway capable, but more so for the 650 (naturally). I am 6' and use a stock windshield on my 400. It is plenty tall. The 400 is well supported with aftermarket windshields and you will have to choose based on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. They are not cheap.... So be prepared to part with nearly $300.00 for a good one.

Accessories range from aftermarket exhausts, Power Commander options, grips, to tail trunks. Once you step up to a Burgman, you have a scooter that is a lot of different things to a lot of owners. Some do long cross country and have tour packs, while others prefer custom accents like custom chrome mirrors, grips, and luggage racks. Some install stereo systems and even make custom panels for the speakers. I would say, pick a theme and go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your help. I went to the dealer here in Coeur D'Alene and sat on both bikes again. The 650 is significantly larger and more cormfortable. I want to get into the Bitteroots and fly fishing. Any ideas about hauling a kayak?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes.. Don't do it... At least with a scooter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts