Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These kids acting like fools in their daddy's car kept trying to get me to race them and I finally gave in...HaHaHa!
Enjoy

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
lol! btw i like the video intro.

·
Administrator
18,763 Posts
And you didn't even have to push the POWER button!
Steve, you need to find a Jetta forum and post that gem over there. And Steve has a 400 without a "POWER" button. :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
That was by no stretch of imagination a race. They were just driving down the road and you blew past them. Un-less you could hear that he floored it or something? I guessing missed it? I do however, believe that 400 would eat that Jetta up.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Dumb, Dumb, Dumb........!!!!!! Race.???? What race?? AND at our age we should be setting a good example - NOT acting like a teenager!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They came up beside me twice and did that little burn out thing before they got in camera view. The whole time trying to get me to run with them. Definitely still in HS and in Daddy's or Mommy's car.

Race in the true sense....shoot no! The audio was pretty poor so I put the Jetta sound track over it :p but they were gunning it. I would say 40-80 when they switched lanes was the "race" then back to 55 which was the speed limit when I passed the other car.
Like I said in the description I don't condone street racing.
Keep racing on the tracks!

PS- Going to the drag strip with a buddy later this month to see what this 8 year old 385cc scooter can still do. :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've got a 2013 Jetta TDi - I'm pretty sure its at least as fast as my 650 Burgman...

FWIW I agree with Mike - that didn't look like a race.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bring your Jetta to the drag strip with me then and we will see if it is as fast as my little 400. :cool:

·
Registered
585 Posts
You can find the quarter mile and zero to sixty times on this site:
http://www.zeroto60times.com/Motorcycle-0-60-mph-Times.html
It lists a 2011 Jetta TDi 0-60 at 8.6 seconds - 650 Burgman at 0-60 in 8.2. There is no listing for the 400 Burgman.

My 2013 Jetta TDi is the same as the 2011 with an automatic - stick or auto - makes no difference in the Jetta.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Did they have the brake held on the 650? My friend at maybe 180lbs got 6 seconds and I at 240lbs get just under 7 seconds on my 650 before I switched to the CT. I still get better then 8 seconds with the CT on a slight upgrade near my house.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 years ago @ Atlanta Motor Speedway I ran their 1/8 mile Drag strip against many sports bikes and got blown away but was consistently at or just under 7.5 secs. I used to volunteer down there when we lived close by and they often needed to fill a bracket so I would run the scoot. With me @ 150# fully geared up the torque to weight ratio is pretty good. Add a touch of belt dressing and hold on....:D
I will save the slips and post them when my CBR buddy and I go to the Calhoun Drag Strip up by his house.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Serious race or not, that was amusing to watch.

Also, while I recognize the music you used in the video, I can't place the name or artist. What was it? Thanks in advance.

...and I know it will come to me the moment I click "Post Quick Reply," too.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry Russ my sons MP3 titled "Jetta Song" is what I used so I'm clueless???
Nice Video Jimmy! I could pull 7.8's on my 400 on the 1/8 mile strip when my reaction time was spot on.
Evidently drag racing is all about cutting a good light...go figure...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Had two boys and there girl friends put up next to me, I could hear one of the said something about my scooter, so I jump a little and they did too, it's on....I even let them a full link , before I hit the power button and never look black as he back off and never pass me....hahahaha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts