Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oops. I went "conversational" inf the "Feedback to Suzuki" area - something that as a moderator I can't allow... :shock:

So I'll move my comments over here for any continued discussion.

JD,

Try Oneida Suzuki. They have quite a few of the accessories - best selection I've seen in the USA anyway.

https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/xcar ... hp?cat=559

I just noticed that they (Oneida Suzuki) have added a handguard set. This may be an alternative for folks who prefer a windshield that doesn't have the hand flareouts, but want hand protection... I might look into that in the Fall when the weather turns colder.

·
Registered
925 Posts
OOPS!!! ME TOO!!! Sorry about that, sometimes forget where I am at on this forum. Anyways, thanks for the info and link. Most of the accessories I am wanting are available through Oneida. Thanks again Paul.

JD 8)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
pauljo said:
...I just noticed that they (Oneida Suzuki) have added a handguard set. This may be an alternative for folks who prefer a windshield that doesn't have the hand flareouts, but want hand protection... I might look into that in the Fall when the weather turns colder.
Will the handguards work on the 650? At $90+ I don't want to order a set only to find that they're strictly a 400 item, but they would add a touch of flair to my 650.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brian said:
Will the handguards work on the 650? At $90+ I don't want to order a set only to find that they're strictly a 400 item, but they would add a touch of flair to my 650.
Good point! I just looked quickly and thought they were for the 650. Darn! Call and ask I guess, but I'd think they probably won't work.

Come to think of it, the V-Strom DL1000 has handguards like that. Somebody said that they will fit the AN650 - supposedly tried it. They are flat black, but would look OK. Maybe I'll check that out.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
pauljo said:
Good point! I just looked quickly and thought they were for the 650. Darn! Call and ask I guess, but I'd think they probably won't work.

Somebody said that they will fit the AN650 - supposedly tried it. They are flat black, but would look OK.
Paul,

I checked multiple sites and they are only listed for the 400. You might be able to make them work though. The covers are availabe in 3 colors, flat black (suzuki usa part # 57300-14840-YAR), blue (57300-14831-YV1) and silver (57300-14831-YD8). In Japan they also offer the pearl white.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went in my garage and looked. I think the handguards from the '03 DL1000 V-Strom would fit the AN650. (The V-Strom DL650 handguards are different, and even the '04 DL1000 handguards changed - so I am specifically referring to the '02 & '03 DL1000 handguards.) There is some hardware needed also though. They mount through the hand lever pivot holes. Therefore, the bolts that pass through the handguards are much longer. Also there is a nut that goes between the top of the lever mount and the top of the handguard. It acts as a spacer, but I think it also secures the bolt for the lever function - then the actual top of the bolt secures the handguard. There may be an additional washer or nut on the bottom side too. Also could run into clearance problems if you have a wider aftermarket windscreen.

I just am not motivated to take everything apart and try it in July... September might be different...

·
Registered
925 Posts
I just realized myself that the handguards were for the 400 only. :cry:
That's ok. I've got a good pair of gloves to use anyways. Maybe Suzuki will make them in the future.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Japanese Accessories

I would like to find the Chrome exhaust cover. I've seen it listed
on the Japanese web site. I wonder if I gave the US dealer
the Japanese part number... .Mmmmm

·
Registered
120 Posts
My daughter and son-in-law just moved to Okinawa. Once they are settled, I am going to see if they can do some accessory buying from a local dealer. If this works, I'd be willing to do the same for anyone that is interested

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Parts

I'm in for the chrome exhaust cover, if the price is fair and it's not
too much trouble. Let me check with the local dealer first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts