Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a nice not TOO expensive jacket for riding in the PNW during summer and fall. I'm more of an athletic build with curves so the boxey or straight cut jackets are not flattering. Any ladies out there have favorites you'd recommend? And what about gloves that don't look like Alaskan tundra wear? Thanks

· Super Moderator
1,852 Posts
Pretty sure this is one of the jacket's my wife has.
She nabbed it from Leatherup.com a few years back.
Gloves. Mostly she uses her JRC Classic C gloves, but also has something similar to their insulated gauntlets & some Gerbing heated gloves if it gets too nippy.
She also has a mesh jacket for when it's pretty hot. I don't recall the brand, but the idea is there.
With our up to 50 degree temp swings mesh is great, but if you're out late you might get a bit chilly.
Fortunately if you go mesh most of 'em come with a liner for when it drops too cool for that, & I usually have a rainsuit along for longer outings in case that's not enough. Not as stylish but if you find yourself getting a bit chilly you're usually past caring about that a bit.

Other than that you may want to check out Cyclegear (and their .com). Their Bilt stuff is generally OK to good (read reviews) and they have a couple local stores so you can try stuff on if you'd like.

Cheers
Tromper

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
I will second the CycleGear stores. If you buy anything and it does not work, they have always allowed a return with no problems.

Like Tromper said, I too have my rain suit in my side case and I will put it on if the temps drop even when dry out. It is a good wind brake.

Where in the Pacific North Wet are you calling as a base camp? I am always wanting to do a ride and know many good roads. A day ride to Leavenworth for lunch and back is a nice easy ride for any level of riders.

· Registered
511 Posts
I, and my wife, LOVE Corazzo gear. Great quality and value. Kinda hard to find a actual dealer but they have very accurate sizing and a honest return policy. Also, agree with the Cycle Gear option if you have one in your area. I recently purchased a Fulmer hoody for cold nights. What a piece of junk! Zipper issues and Bill Cosby sweater elbow guards! Ordering another Corazzo. Got the Fulmer because Corazzo no longer carries the hoody. Will settle on something else from Corazzo.

· Registered
18 Posts
I would check out the women’s mesh jackets from Joe Rocket. I have a Phoenix Ion Summit Mesh Jacket in Mens, simply because that’s what I am, and i’m very happy with it. They come with the two layer zip out rain liner and insulated vest.

http://www.joerocket.com/mesh-jackets-1

· Registered
3 Posts
Finding a jacket that is warm but doesn’t take over your entire suitcase is tough, but The North Face’s Thermoball fits the bill. This jacket uses synthetic insulation that’s much thinner and lighter than down, but still just as warm—plus it works in cold and wet conditions. Not wearing the jacket? Just pack it neatly into its zipper pocket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.