Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have waited and have not heard anything from greengoose or admin on the availability of a patch for the back of my riding vest... I guess you start with a design,,, get feedback from people who would want one and tired of the store to reopen... I had an idea with a winged Burgman but the patch design came out as a pdf file and I could not attach it to this post...
The wings are sharp and square like rear wings... the wings are high
the wings are set back toward the rear of the seat so that the entire seat can be seen in the image.
Please make your suggestions for what you would like to see and how much detail you would like visible and where the wings would be place in the image.
Example: Smaller wings in a square shape like the wing in the forefront and joined further forward and closer to the foot board.
OR, the image can have some detail to depict movement/motion and even an aggressive stance. The more detail, the price will go higher.
Also remember there will be color choices on the stitching and we will get to that after the image is decided on.
Note: The fonts for the model will be smaller and placed in the proper space on the final image. The numbers will say 400 or 650. The people that I have talked to said they could digitize a basic design and then with a picture of a person, they could add the whole image and sew that into the patch... Like your own personal patch... If a new patch were to be designed,,, what would like to see??? Should they just represent the Burgman 400 and 650 and not the web site???

Is there an ownership of the current patch or can we use the basic design of that patch... I am trying to get an idea together so we can get patches again for those who want them...
Lets hear what your ideas are...

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife has designed a patch and it has been digitized already. I have a picture of it posted on the Indiana Burgman riders group website. It can be sewn with or without the southern Indiana lettering. Let me know if you are interested. You can email me at [email protected].

Randy

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
not really a jacket patch but you asked for ideas
I have a couple of underwear patches, duct tape with indelible marker burgman written on both sides so when you turn your skivvies inside out it still shows and one with the wings drawn on on both sides , once yhou put duct tape together on both sides of cotton skivvies it's pretty permanent.

be glad to send a sample to anyone for shipping and handling cost, soon as skivvies become unwearable

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Glad I got mine before the store went bye-bye! :thumbup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
rpmac3479 said:
My wife has designed a patch and it has been digitized already. I have a picture of it posted on the Indiana Burgman riders group website. It can be sewn with or without the southern Indiana lettering. Let me know if you are interested. You can email me at [email protected].

Randy
Southern Indiana Burgman Riders??? Now that sounds interesting...is there a web site or facebook page for you all? I live in Louisville and Southern Indiana is my stomping grounds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Deedah said:
rpmac3479 said:

Randy
Southern Indiana Burgman Riders??? Now that sounds interesting...is there a web site or facebook page for you all? I live in Louisville and Southern Indiana is my stomping grounds.

If you go to the internet and type in "Indiana Burg man Riders Group" go to page 16 and you can see the patch, or you can email us at [email protected] and maybe we can get together for lunch some weekend.

V/R

Randy

·
Registered
704 Posts
rpmac3479 said:
If you go to the internet and type in "Indiana Burg man Riders Group" go to page 16 and you can see the patch, or you can email us at [email protected] and maybe we can get together for lunch some weekend.

V/R, Randy
Nope, nothing to see unless one logs in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I didn't know someone was actually working on a patch. I inquired a couple of weeks ago and it looked like I was out of luck.
I like the current logo, but there are some imaginative Burgman Riders Clubs logos and patches out there. The Indiana logo is very nice and traditional, while the Burgman Italian Riders Club is very modern and seems to emphasize motion.

Don't know what kind of response you'll have on the available choices, so let me throw in my 2 cents worth. I like the impression of motion on the patch. I guess you can do it in various ways. The basic design described by RussL sounds interesting. I'd love to see some rendition of it as it becomes available. I'd go for large, medium and small patches. Wing shaped and the logo in a round patch. Maybe even a decal for the windshield..... ??

·
Administrator
18,389 Posts
Elko, you are posting on every "Patch" topic saying you are being ripped off. By whom are you talking about. With 4 total posts, something seems fishy.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The best patch for my money was the original design made by the founder of this site, Greengoose. It was exactly like the logo on the upper left hand corner of this very page by the scene of the bikes riding the twisties. While it did incorporate wings as part of the logo, it wasn't one of those that look like they're trying to be a Harley or Honda wing logo. And it was unique to this site and no other. I for one do not live in Indiana or Italy or any other place that has a local Burgman club logo (hint, hint Texas Burgman riders), but hold this site dear. The old one even said "International Community of Burgman Owners" which had a better ring to it. Boy, I sure wish I had the old sticker that I put on my old B400 and later sold it off with.
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/38-burgmanusa-store/10129-medium-large-patches.html
Somebody bring back the old logo patch and stickers I say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts