Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you purchased/installed the J&M handlebar-mounted audio system http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=24 ? The J&M appears to be a nice product that has all the functions that I am looking for however, given the price, I’m not inclined to buy one until I can get some customer feedback.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Cheers Al

·
Registered
409 Posts
Al:

I haven't used this system but have used J&M stuff in the past. Their quality has always been good. I can't see why this should be any different.

The only problem I have ever encountered with them is the total cost.

If you figure out the cost of the unit, two headsets, antenna, mounting bracket and music source, you are probably looking at a thousand dollars.

Check this site, they are cheaper.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/default.asp

·
Registered
118 Posts
Al,

I have this system on my burgy. You can see the pictures on this site.
The one I ordered originally did not transmit. After calling J&M and trying some trouble shooting advice, they decided to have us ship the unit back. The replaced one works wonderfully. I wanted the cb to communicate with my husband on his wing. I have a small radio, or a mp3 player I can use with the accessory cable provided.
My husband drilled a hole in the small compartment on the left and ran the accessory cable in there. I keep the radio and mp3 player in the compartment out of the weather. I use the radio if the ride stays in the radio's range, since I can't open the box and change channels while riding.
The cb interupts the music when someone is talking.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up a copy of RoadBike yesterday, Oct./Nov. issue, there is an article regarding installing the J&M. There is also another interesting article regarding “system overload”, calculating excess electrical capacity.

Cheers Al

·
Registered
45 Posts
J & M Audio System

I have the J & M handlebar CB/Weather unit on the left side and the XM satellite radio unit on the right side. I use helmet speakers and a boom microphone. Both units work perfectly and I am very satisfied. I removed the plastic handlebar covers and have them in storage, rather than hacking them up. The satellite aerial is magneticly attached to the right handlebar hydraulic resevoir. Pricey but does the job perfectly.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Re: J & M Audio System

billclemen said:
I have the J & M handlebar CB/Weather unit on the left side and the XM satellite radio unit on the right side ... I removed the plastic handlebar covers...
Can you please post some pictures...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts