Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

I've seen the light!!!

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  leaderdog 
#1 ·
Hi there Burgers!
Hope none of you are hams cause that would make you a .. well.. anyway....
I've been looking at scooter options the last three weeks. My experience was with a Helix back in the "90s...when that was " the king of scooters" ( in some people's opinion) I really enjoyed the five years I used that thing, and have missed the fun of a scooter..
I had my choices narrowed down to Burgman 400 or wait for the new Yamaha Majesty 400 to come out " sometime in August"... I did get a price quote from the dealer and it was $5,149.... : $250 more than the B-400.... There may be some slight advantages the Majesty has over the Burg in performance, fuel capacity, etc.. but they will be minor. So many of you have rated the B-400 SO HIGH.. I knew I could not go wrong.. plus the Majesty does NOT come wit a back rest for the passanger.. that's probably a 150 option right there...
Long story even longer... I pick up my Blue B-400 tomorrow!! WOW.... I can't wait.. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth from this.. Tomorrow I'll be an official Burger too!

#2 ·
Hi Leader Burger - sorry I mean Leaderdog!! :wink:

Enjoy.

You got a good deal and just to make you feel real good you got it for $2,400 cheaper than I could here in the UK! :cry:

#7 ·
leaderdog said:
Hi NormanB

Wow.. you mean $2,400. Dollars or Pounds more in the UK? Mine is ( will be) a B-400 not the 650.. The 650 was about $6,600 US.. if I remember right...
I quoted in $(US) at the days exchange rate.

I have just had another look, using fairly keenly priced UK sources - there may be scope to haggle a bit down from these but nothing really significant.

AN400 = $7271
650 = $10,911
650 Exec (ABS) = $11,639

All at todays £/$(US) exchange rate as used at http://www.trustnet.com/general/exchange.asp

I wonder if I should import one from the US? :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.