Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Burgers!
Hope none of you are hams cause that would make you a .. well.. anyway....
I've been looking at scooter options the last three weeks. My experience was with a Helix back in the "90s...when that was " the king of scooters" ( in some people's opinion) I really enjoyed the five years I used that thing, and have missed the fun of a scooter..
I had my choices narrowed down to Burgman 400 or wait for the new Yamaha Majesty 400 to come out " sometime in August"... I did get a price quote from the dealer and it was $5,149.... : $250 more than the B-400.... There may be some slight advantages the Majesty has over the Burg in performance, fuel capacity, etc.. but they will be minor. So many of you have rated the B-400 SO HIGH.. I knew I could not go wrong.. plus the Majesty does NOT come wit a back rest for the passanger.. that's probably a 150 option right there...
Long story even longer... I pick up my Blue B-400 tomorrow!! WOW.... I can't wait.. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth from this.. Tomorrow I'll be an official Burger too!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Leader Burger - sorry I mean Leaderdog!! :wink:

Enjoy.

You got a good deal and just to make you feel real good you got it for $2,400 cheaper than I could here in the UK! :cry:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi NormanB

Wow.. you mean $2,400. Dollars or Pounds more in the UK? Mine is ( will be) a B-400 not the 650.. The 650 was about $6,600 US.. if I remember right...

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Leaderdog,

Congrats on your new scoot! Yes, we are actually pretty fortunate in the USA. Prices are much higher on these scooters in many other countries. And compared to Canada, we get great insurance rates here too.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Well lots of luck with your new 400, I have no doubt it will be all you expect and more.
Don't forget to keep us posted :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure will keep you posted. There is so much good info and support here, membership in this web site should be required as part of the warrenty!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
leaderdog said:
Hi NormanB

Wow.. you mean $2,400. Dollars or Pounds more in the UK? Mine is ( will be) a B-400 not the 650.. The 650 was about $6,600 US.. if I remember right...
I quoted in $(US) at the days exchange rate.

I have just had another look, using fairly keenly priced UK sources - there may be scope to haggle a bit down from these but nothing really significant.

AN400 = $7271
650 = $10,911
650 Exec (ABS) = $11,639

All at todays £/$(US) exchange rate as used at http://www.trustnet.com/general/exchange.asp

I wonder if I should import one from the US? :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts