Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my FZ6R - I just found that I wasn't riding it as much as I expected - it seems that almost every time I had a choice between it and the Burgman 400, I'd choose the scoot. The Yamaha had less than 5,000 miles. The Burgie, 21K+. Hubby has an '08 Burgman 650. I had an '06 650, but went back to a 400 because the "Lardy" felt too heavy and high for me back then. I just couldn't get used to the pronounced engine braking, either. Now that I've had a lot more time in various motorcycle saddles, I've decided to upgrade my Scooter ride again - and picked up a 2013 Burgman 650. I traded the FZ6R because they gave me a better deal for it. This will be the first time since I started back riding in 2004 that I won't have a "shifty thing" in the garage. If I can't sell the 400 outright, maybe I'll see if I might be able to trade it on a smaller shifty thing, like a late model Ninja 250 or 300 next season...
So, here is our stable: Hubby's 650, my 400, and my new 650...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nice stable!

You might want to keep Bluto if you can swing it. Most commuting days I choose the 400, but I live in traffic ladened Los Angeles. It is the "best commuter bike on the planet", IMHO. And it's just fun to ride.

I've been completely shiftless for over a decade and have no desire to go back.

Congratulations on the new 650!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I sold 2 BMWs after I got my 650. However, I missed shifting and bought a little V-Star 650 Midnight Custom to get my shifting fix. I ride it 50-100 miles on Sundays on the backroads near my house. I use my 650 for everything else and ride it 200-300 miles per week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts