Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand spankin new 2013 Burgman 650 has arrived. I will pick it up this Saturday. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Congrats, post up some photos when you can. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Would be nice if other BUSA member know where original poster live or located !

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
According to his Who are you? Where are you from? post he's from York, PA.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Yes will be interested in pictures and riding impressions. That is if you are not so busy riding you don't have time to post :D .

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you look at this link on Cycle Trader you see many dealers are offering the 2013 650 and at least one smart enough to discount it:

http://www.cycletrader.com/Suzuki-Burgm ... tured:desc

With the MSRP price increase and poor sales history, I would think any dealer that wanted to move their allotment would promote and discount it right now. However I see other dealers who think they can get full price +++ sit on inventory for a year before they hook someone and think they are making money. It would all be different if they gave a good price for a trade in but that is unlikely to happen.

Maybe the members who contact these dealers can give us their final price.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
westnash said:
If you look at this link on Cycle Trader you see many dealers are offering the 2013 650 and at least one smart enough to discount it:
Just hope they aren't playing a game like my local dealer Mission Motorsports. I went in once years ago because they had a Burgman on ad for XXXX price but when I sat down with them they wanted the ad price plus assembly/shipping charge which brought the price up to ... yep MSRP, goodbye. I see two dealers in my travel area, Malcolm Smith (no price) and Fun Bike Center ($9899).

·
Registered
420 Posts
westnash said:

http://www.cycletrader.com/Suzuki-Burgm ... tured:desc

With the MSRP price increase and poor sales history, I would think any dealer that wanted to move their allotment would promote and discount it right now. However I see other dealers who think they can get full price +++ sit on inventory for a year before they hook someone and think they are making money. It would all be different if they gave a good price for a trade in but that is unlikely to happen.

Maybe the members who contact these dealers can give us their final price.
Cycletrader has listed 2013s since last March almost 5 months before they were actually available... the ol' bait and switch.
My 2013 arrived 2 days ago, sorry too late... I've moved on. My friend repaired my CVT and my 2007 is running like new, I think I'll wait until Black or Gray are available.
I did finally get a chance to view in person, no surprises it's just like the pictures!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
MJR said:
westnash said:
Just hope they aren't playing a game like my local dealer Mission Motorsports. I went in once years ago because they had a Burgman on ad for XXXX price but when I sat down with them they wanted the ad price plus assembly/shipping charge which brought the price up to ... yep MSRP, goodbye. I see two dealers in my travel area, Malcolm Smith (no price) and Fun Bike Center ($9899).
I did find a Google review of Malcolm Smith doing the same as my local dealer, ad price with add-on fees bringing the price up game. My last two bikes I purchased were from no hassle dealers who just want to do business and not play games. My '03 I bought from a local place that was gobbled up by Mission Motorsports and my '09 from LA Cyclesports (formerly OTD Cycle sports). LA Cycle sports was great, they gave me a price out the door, arranged financing with Suzuki at the 1.99%, and when I came down to pick it up it was exactly as we agreed with no hidden surprises. :thumbup:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Pictures please! ..and unbias ride review.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am from York Pa. USA Yes the Burgman is white, looks sharp too. i will upload pics as soon as I figure out how to do that little trick

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Couple of ways to do the pictures. You can put them on a site like Photobucket then just link to them using the IMG tags. You can also just attach them to the thread using the "Upload attachment" button in the Reply window. If you use that method there are limits on the size the image can be be. You will have to resize them to 256 KB or less.

·
Registered
49 Posts
geoman458 said:
My brand spankin new 2013 Burgman 650 has arrived. I will pick it up this Saturday. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Congratulations geoman458. ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Congratulations! You will really like the white. It doesn't show much dirt, unless you live in coal country. I haven't washed Lightning in 1000 miles, hardly shows.

Here is a pic from this weekends 750 mile trip to Ft. Knox. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. I resized this 6mb pic using MS Office 2010 picture manager then cropped it down to remove un-needed detail. Got it to 210 kb, wheew

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to see pictures too. I picked up my new 2013 last week but it was only available in Black or Gray. I took the gray one, matt finish. They had a white 650 in the showroom labelled as a 2013 but closer inspection showed it was a 2012.

It would be interesting if they offered more colors in the USA. We usually get the same models and colors across North America, I thought.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
NOTLGuy said:
I would like to see pictures too. I picked up my new 2013 last week but it was only available in Black or Gray. I took the gray one, matt finish.
You got a 2013 650 in matte gray? In the US I think for 2013 we only get white.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts