Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I re-installed the battery in our Burgman and was delighted that it started first try. I let it warm up before shuttting it down ,and now if the weather would just co-operate and get warmer than 40F I will be off for my first spin of 2005. It was a great feeling just to have it running and to sit on it and move it around the garage even. Here's hoping for an early spring. Happy Easter to one and all.
RW

·
Registered
355 Posts
I hear ya. Started mine one day last week. It snowed here in NJ today...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Longest **** winter I ever remember :( . I'm pracrically going crazy because of the cold weather here in Michigan. Forecasts show temps near 50 degrees by next week. Chompin' at the bit

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I do feel sorry for you guys, I remember when I lived up North . You can have some beautiful winter scenes, and some good time in the snow.
But most times riding is out :(
Well cheer up , I have it on good authority .........summer is a coming :)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Sorry bout this stupidly long winter thing goin on for you po po ppl. 8) My Son is arriving 2nite from NJ and I know he'll dig the 70 degree temps here in God's Country.

peace out yo.
pedz :lol:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Ya'll quit your whining now! I've got perfect riding weather and nothing to ride!

Lots of plastic on eBay right now but not enough to get my Burg on the road. I'll still be riding later than any one you. :(

Think of me when you get out there for the 1st ride! I'm already green with envy. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Itchin to go ridin!

What makes it even worse for me is I spent the past five months in Florida without the Burgman so the withdrawl has been really tough. Planning on somehow taking it with us next fall.lololol

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I too am chompin at the bit. Looking at the long range forecast , there calling for 6* celsius here un Sunday with temps getting into the double digitis near mid week. The other notable is that the overnight low is expected to remain above 0* for this time period. I think Sunday just may be the day.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Itchin to go ridin!

R W Fullerton said:
What makes it even worse for me is I spent the past five months in Florida without the Burgman so the withdrawl has been really tough. Planning on somehow taking it with us next fall.lololol
The GM at my company had his M/C trucked down to Florida last month, then flew down to meet it. Spent a week there and flew back. He said the savings in fuel, motels, and food paid for the trucking, plus he didn't eat up most of his vacation on the "getting there" part.

Sometimes the "getting there" is the point, but sometimes it's not.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ScubaGirl said:
...Lots of plastic on eBay right now but not enough to get my Burg on the road....
Speaking of which; after checking prices at my dealer it turns out that trading out the lenses on my '03 would have been more expensive than I thought, so I'm afraid I won't have anything to offer you after all. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brian I had checked last fall re shipping the Burgman to Fla,However from Canada it's very expensive and not a lot of choices as to what carriers to use. I am looking to either just purchase a bike trailer and leave my Van at home. or trade our MH in on a Toy Hauler at this point we are in the looking stages./RW

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
ScubaGirl wrote
Ya'll quit your whining now! I've got perfect riding weather and nothing to ride!
an't-a-gona-work, if your trying to make us feel sorry for you .
We all know you ride at least 10 months out of the year down there! :)

Not like me were I have to fight just to get in 12 months a year, heck it's only 92 here. :lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just spent the last 1/2 hour snow blowing out a path from my driveway to the shed in the back yard where my burgman is stored. I'm with Alwalk, either tomorrow or Sunday may be the day to get it out. Sunday may hit 10 degrees and that is good enough for me!

·
Super Moderator
18,092 Posts
I wimped out, couldn't wait. I started on Feb 5th. Brrrr

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Itchin to go ridin!

Well I did it ! tooki a short ride about 5 miles and it felt GREAT Yahoo!!!
The temp is around 45F and I was quite comfortable ,Was not on any roads where the speed was over 50klm so the wind was not bad at all .Glad to finally get the first ride in. Hope Seatec and Alan get to go today as well. Enjoy and ride safe/RW

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yea here in southern Arizona, we are waiting on the temp to hit 75 so we can go on a bicycle ride. Maybe I will take the SV650 out for a spin when I return. If the dealer ever gets my Burgman in, that will be the ride if I can keep my wife off long enough. It appears that I may be with out a powered two wheeler for 4 days in April (first time in 25 years) while the flowers are blooming in Texas. Well there's 75 see you folks

Rick

·
Registered
56 Posts
itchy to go riding

RW,

I too, am itchy to go riding but even though temps are getting into riding range( 40F+), we must wait for rain to wash away road salt from the long, snowy winter. Our first 2005 ride was on New Year's Day--no snow, no salt, a little sun and 32F. Can't wait to get back out!

Burgwoman USA
Michigan

1 - 20 of 32 Posts