Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife came home from siting with her mother on 8/22/14 and asked me what happened and I said "nothing". She saw that I had a very black eye and scratches on the right side of my face. I looked at my scooter and saw it had been down on the right side with scratches, a broken mirror and a cracked windshield. I don't remember a thing and found I was cut and bruised from head to toe with gashes and bruises on my legs, bruised toes on both feet, cuts on one arm and big bruises as well as the black eye. Since I don't remember anything, I went to the doctor on Monday and was informed that I had had a concussion and she sent me to get a CT-Scan and not to drive for 2 weeks. After I got the CT-Scan, I was told I had suffered a mild stroke and to not drive for 6 weeks as well as more tests this coming Tuesday. It's a scary thing to have your first at fault spill after 50 years and don't remember anything about it. I am very sore, can't sleep very well and miss riding my bikes (as I have done for 50+ years).

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
"It's a scary thing to have your first at fault spill after 50 years and don't remember anything about it."

I wish you a speedy recovery....having a stroke while riding is not something you can blame yourself for ...get well soon

·
Registered
203 Posts
best wishes for a speedy recovery!

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Best wishes for complete recovery.

I've been there with the "can't remember what happened because of a concussion" thing. Not a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Glad it wasn't worse; best of luck in healing up fast!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
osbornk I'm truly sorry to hear about first and foremost your stroke, also but not nearly as important your spill. You've had a good run making it fifty years without a spill. Now hopefully your Dr. will get you back in shape so you can get many more years of safe riding. It's not like when we were young, now time passes quickly you'll be back on your scooter in no time. I will add you to my prayer list.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
A few years ago, bought an R1150RT from a doctor who had a heart attack while riding, but survived.

Glad you came through that ordeal, and hope you ride again soon!!

I had a minor heart attack 10 years ago, and frequently think of the issues if I'd been riding the bike. My thoughts are, life is terminal, live while you're here.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
My wife came home from siting with her mother on 8/22/14 and asked me what happened and I said "nothing". She saw that I had a very black eye and scratches on the right side of my face. I looked at my scooter and saw it had been down on the right side with scratches, a broken mirror and a cracked windshield. I don't remember a thing and found I was cut and bruised from head to toe with gashes and bruises on my legs, bruised toes on both feet, cuts on one arm and big bruises as well as the black eye. Since I don't remember anything, I went to the doctor on Monday and was informed that I had had a concussion and she sent me to get a CT-Scan and not to drive for 2 weeks. After I got the CT-Scan, I was told I had suffered a mild stroke and to not drive for 6 weeks as well as more tests this coming Tuesday. It's a scary thing to have your first at fault spill after 50 years and don't remember anything about it. I am very sore, can't sleep very well and miss riding my bikes (as I have done for 50+ years).

Best guess is you blacked out from the stroke and the memory loss is due to the concussion . I blacked out twice over the last couple of years for what felt like a split second , then came to . It was a total black out , like I was no longer alive , ZIP NOTHING ! It hasn't happened again for a good 6 months , but I think about it every once in a while . By the way you and I are the same age .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow, I have nothing to say.

I bet your scoot will be very clean after waiting for six weeks.

(Where I live, I may have snow in six weeks)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very sad and sorry to hear the news, osbornk. Perhaps it would help to visit Hawaii while in the healing process : ). Thankful it wasn't even more serious. You will be on my prayer list. Aloha and speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I hope you heal quickly and everything is OK so that you can ride again!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Sorry to hear about you and the Burgman but happy to see that you are well enough to inform us about it yourself. Get well soon Osbornk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about your crash. Wishing you a quick return to full health.
Take the time to heal. I'm sure in a few weeks you'll be back on two wheels.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope you're better real soon.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Good sign that osbornk remembered to get home somehow and also this site despite all. That means recovery shouldn't take long.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Best wishes osbornk, glad you are ok and healing. Try and stay cool, you'll be back on the bike before too long!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Strokes can be scary and dangerous for sure. Glad you are safe and recovering. My wife had a small stroke while talking to her sister on the phone. It scared the devil out of both of us.
Take care and get better.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts