Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after several months and hundreds, if not thousands of miles, my corbin seat finally broke in :D . the seat was almost unbearable after 1 hour, in the heat. oddly, I could ride for very long distances in cool weather(50-60*).
it has been fairly hot this summer and I have been riding the burgman to work and back more than usual. the final break in came after 2 days with 115* heat-index's . I leave the bike outside while working, and this seems to have had an effect on the seat. it was immediately noticable the following week when I rode to work again. it fits like an old glove now. extremely comfortable. I am very happy with the seat now. a month ago I would have advised anyone against buying one, if you ride in very hot weather. I can fully recommend the corbin now.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Corbin does say it takes "some" miles before the seat is broke it, and perhaps the temp. had something to do with that process. but does living or riding in hot climate have any effect after it's broke in?

·
Registered
806 Posts
The heat related pain you are refering to is called "monkey butt" and the fix is a beaded seat pad like the beadrider.

I love mine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we only had the 2 days of miserable weather. now we are hovering around 90* every day. the seat seems to have taken on a new personality. it is extremely comfortable.
I remember several people on the sa750 website who purchased corbin seats for the ace. a few gave up after 2k miles and switched to a mustang seat. so, there is a considerable amount of break-in time.
to answer your question, the break-in process has slowed considerably, but I would rate the seat at 95% perfect. maybe another 1k and it will be 100%. like an old catchers mit.
so, if you are scratching your head, as I was, wondering if the seat is carved out of a piece of oak, give it a little more time. the end result is phenominal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts