Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 650 finally got a bump from a big suv in the parking lot where I work.

I watched it happen. Started out with the guy giving it a love tap and didn't appear to notice.

I yelled at him to get his attention and he stopped and got out of the suv.

Only problem was, he didn't put the vehicle in PARK and once he got out, it continued to knock the bike and trailer completely down and out.

Though the trailer got some damage on the back side, it actually protected the bike from bigger damage. Running board on right hand side is really all that go busted up. Trailer hitch held on and kept torque on the bike so that it didn't get to the fairing, mirror and windshield

It happens in slow motion when you actually watch it occur.

More concerned about it being such a waste of time, which is in short supply for me right now.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Bummer, at least you know who did it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Here's hoping they have good insurance. What a hassle. Aloha.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yep, unfortunately if it is totaled it wont bring much. People say the best time to trade is with the insurance settlement and on a new one you should be better off w/ the CVT.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The driver of the SUVs has been very considerate An older retired dentist, he has already had his insurance rep contact me directly and they would like to keep this off the books

Suzuki has the painted body panel I need in stock. I picked up new trailer lights for twenty bucks and, unfortunately, my trailer hitch was damaged and may need complete replacement

I will need to work out a labour quote, but it should all end up good.

By the way, the Gressel trailer hitch described elsewhere on this forum proved itself. It bent, but didn't break.. And I towed my triller home , hitting 110 kph( 70 mph) and my trailer tracked ok. It wasn't until I started to inspect it did I notice the tongue had moved two inches sideways.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Make sure you check the sub frame the hitch attaches too for damage,if the hitch held on and moved 2 inches it may have bent something other than the hitch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure you check the sub frame the hitch attaches too for damage,if the hitch held on and moved 2 inches it may have bent something other than the hitch.
Thanx
That is today's job. I will take everything apart and have a good look.

Fingers crossed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts