Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a weekend of rain and very limited riding I decided to go out for a ride this morning even though the temps were hovering around 3* celsius.I decided it was time to see if I could somehow attach the Fly fishing rod somehow to the Burgman. I'm pleased to say that it was not a problem and wouldnt interfere with riding 2up as well. So off I headed out of the city and happened across this great twisty road that I was unaware of.I finally got to my destination which was an old abandoned camping area which is no longer in use. There's a nice river running through it and I could ride right in around the barriers and down the old gravel road to a perfect spot. So with my Burgman parked up in the trees I took my rod and went down and did some fishing. Looking around all alone in the nature I thought to myself it doesn't get much better than this.
With that being said.....It would have been nice if I actually caught something and if the temperatures were up in the 20* zone. Ahhhh! it was still good to get out.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My rod is a 2 piece nine foot rod :shock: So with reel off and stored under the seat , along with fly box , I used 2 twist ties and to hold the 2 pices together and then ran it along the side of the bike using the passenger handles as support and something to bungee it to. I will take a picture and post it for you and all the other fisher people.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Flint:

Perhaps you could do what I did when I had my Ninja (not a cargo-friendly critter).

I explained the situation to the club's pro, and he said, sure just leave your clubs in my office.

After he left, the bookeeper let me leave them behind her desk.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Love to see a pix of how you did it, Al! I have a travel rod, but my favorite is a 7 1/2-foot 2-piece. Just a little 4-weight, and it handles so much more sweetly....

On the other hand, maybe you'd better not tell me how you did it. If I could combine fly fishing with riding my scooter, I'd never get ANYTHING done around the house!

--Chris

P.S. Mike, honey, if you're reading this, don't divorce me, OK? It was just a thought!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok Chris as you asked I have posted a pic of how I secured my fly rod to the bike. It really is secure and doesnt wave or move around. The butt of the rod rests right against the machine and doesnt move around either.

PS: Sorry Mike honey if this causes any problems :wink: :fish:
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/allwalk?page=4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts