Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

iso grips on a B400?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Wes_Ingram 
#1 ·
I was looking at some ISO grips that I saw on someone's B650 and wondered if they would fit a 400. They look nice. I don't think I need heated grips so these seemed like the next logical choice.

#2 ·
Those grips sure do look great, and I've got to admit that they feel great too. But there are other solutions which may give you a better option from a cost/benefit perspective. Dave Reppert is the guy who makes Grip Buddies - neoprene wraps for your current grips. They fasten with velcro and don't migrate around the grip at all. They give you just a bit of extra cushion and don't either absorb water or interfere with heated grips for those who have them. The price is great and they've lasted me almost three years of daily commuting, so they've outlasted several pairs of gloves.

http://www.shop.originalbeemerbuddies.com/SUPER-SHARK-Original-Grip-Buddies-OGB-AA-SS.htm

#4 ·
Those grips sure do look great, and I've got to admit that they feel great too. But there are other solutions which may give you a better option from a cost/benefit perspective. Dave Reppert is the guy who makes Grip Buddies - neoprene wraps for your current grips. They fasten with velcro and don't migrate around the grip at all. They give you just a bit of extra cushion and don't either absorb water or interfere with heated grips for those who have them. The price is great and they've lasted me almost three years of daily commuting, so they've outlasted several pairs of gloves.

http://www.shop.originalbeemerbuddies.com/SUPER-SHARK-Original-Grip-Buddies-OGB-AA-SS.htm

will these reduce vibration?

#6 · (Edited)
Let me clear something up right away - I do not yet have them on the new Burg, but I rode them for years on my Concours and love them. I will definitely be getting another set. They do significantly reduce vibration. And I don't have any pix, but found this one out on the net:

And here's a shot of someone putting them on for the first time; there's no adhesive, they just wrap around and hold with velcro:

#7 ·
***WARNING***
Any time you change the grips on a Burgman you have to file/grind the throttle "nylon" tube to get them to fit properly. They are made for OEM grips only but can be modified with a little patience and skill.

Not with the slide over/wrap around's though which work well as an add on.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.