Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Years ago I had many Yamaha R5/RD/RZ 350's which were actually 348cc. I bought a Montesa Cota 348 and thought it really cool that they actually called it by it's true size - until I realized it was only 307cc... Now my 1992 Suzuki GSX1100G was actually 1127cc - everything else I've owned has been slightly over stated...

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Robert said:
everything else I've owned has been slightly over stated...
Probably a "guy" thing.... :wink:

Seriously, what gets me is the way insurance companies sometimes break rates down by engine size. I tried telling them that my Suzuki V-Strom is 996cc (LESS than 1000cc). Oh no. You have to pay the rate for the 1000cc motorcycles. And to them the 638cc Burgman is a true 650. Some insurance companies rate more intelligently by model type (Tourer vs sportbike for instance) - but there are a few who still stubbornly rate primarily by the (rounded up) engine size.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I first got a quote from progressive, they didn't have the Burgman on their list of bikes. So I put in the engine size of 638cc, and got a quote for $220. I requoted a few days ago, and found they now have the Burgman in their list of bikes, and their own computer states it as a 638cc, yet now, with everything else the same, I get a quote of $189.

Not related, but when I registered my bike, the lady at the DMV said her computer was showing the Burgman as an ATV with three wheels... She actually had to call the dealership I bought it from to confirm what it was, I guess it's because she didn't believe that the blue thing outside of her window was a motorcycle and actually had a third wheel hidden somewhere... I guess...

Oh, and yes a b400 is smaller than 399cc, but it has 400 on the side. Isn't it the number on the side of the bike that makes it go faster?? :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts