Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this for some time now, but this morning I removed the hump cover, and saw that this hose is pressed against the cover very tightly. I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Which hose are you talking about, the small one at the top or the larger one at the bottom.

The large one at the bottom is the radiator hose. I'm not sure what the small one is.

At first I though it was the water pump relief hose but it is in the wrong place for that. I also though it was the hose that takes coolant to the oil cooler but I can see that below and behind it. So I don't know exactly what it is. I went out and looked at my bike and there is no hose in that position.

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Since you are in California could that be the hose that goes to your charcoal canister?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know I had a charcoal canister?! That hose is tight against the hump cover and has turned the plastic white where it is touching. You can see that it sticks out past the framework just a little. There is a smaller hose that comes out of the back of the housing the larger hose is attached to that curves 180* and then drops down. The larger hose comes out of that housing, drops down then runs forward and back up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Then you are talking about the large hose at the bottom touching the tupperware. That is the radiator hose. In the three pictures you just posted the right most one where you are pointing with your fingers is pointing to it.

I don't have any problem with mine touching. There are no ties or anything that hold it in place. It just attaches to the water pump on one end and the radiator on the other. It has a shielding cover on it that should keep it from rubbing through even it it does touch. Not sure why yours is touching. You might want to pull the nose and front box off and inspect for something being loose if it worries you.

The hose you can see in the left most picture that goes from the back of the water pump down under the engine is the one that carries coolant from the water pump down to the oil cooler.

I did some looking in my service manual and the hose you can see with the webbed sheathing on it in the middle picture does appear to be the one that goes from the throttle bodies to the charcoal canister on the California spec models.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that clarification Buffalo. I'm not so worried about the hose wearing through as I am with the discoloration it has caused on the hump cover. Maybe that happened during the time my fan wasn't working. The motor did get hot enough twice for the red light to come on. The first time I had just topped a hill, and as soon as I went over the top the gauge went back to 3 bars. The second time I was going up a long hill behind a pilot car in a long line of cars and trucks. I pulled over to the side and shut it off for 30" then headed out without further issues. I've since had the fan fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts