Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just bought a used 650 yesterday. My question is, there seems to be a Kuryakyn throttle-assist device jury rigged onto the throttle. Take a look at the attached pics. Does this thing look safe to you? Should I remove it?

I am not familiar with throttle-assist or mechanical cruise controls, and would like to get to know the bike first before using one of these.

IMG_1679 by SwampRabbit68, on Flickr

IMG_1678 by SwampRabbit68, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike! I'm not sure if that's a Kuryakyn or not, but it seems perfectly safe to me - good construction and solid installation. You're right to not start playing with it until you're more familiar with the bike, but when you are comfortable it'll do the job remarkably well. Set the throttle to the place you're comfortable, push the button forward to tighten the thing, and it'll hold your throttle right there. A quick grab will unlock the tool and you'll have normal use of your throttle again. Works great on the interstate; less so around town.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The grips do not look like the Kuryakyn grips I put on my K-3...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I like the Vista Cruise but it's installed all wrong.

That on/off paddle should be where your thumb is when riding.

My Kaoka works okay tho not as easy to use. It looks factory and very durable.
Easy to install on the Burgman tho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, appreciate the replies. Looks like its easy to take off then. I'll save it and re-install if I feel the need.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Which is how you have yours?? Upright? not the way it's designed.

this is the designed ergonomic

I have it with a palm throttle on as well.

Leave it on - just rotate into position correctly so it's easy on and off ....it's invaluable. It's not rocket science....it just adds friction to hold the throttle at a spot ....does not lock the throttle - just overcomes the return spring.
You can still rotate the throttle.
One thing I don't like about the Breakaway is how hard it locks tho it releases immediately

The Vista Cruise and the Kaoka both are adjustable friction and you can roll the throttle off.
You should never let a Burgman 650 throttle off entirely quickly at low speeds anyways ....can get very impolite when you do. ;)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
ah could be.
If it works then it's just a bit more awkward but it will protect your hand and wrist on long trips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts