·
Registered
2008 AN400
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I used one for a Jeep Cherokee, from Autozone with some success. It does have a lot of pressure, so you have to visually align the catch when shutting.
And push down the seat, when unlatching

Reactions: prossett

·
Registered
2008 AN400
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. For now I've drilled the old limp one, and insert a cotter pin to hold it up... but that's getting old, particularly because I need two hands to lift/lower the seat. And usually I open the seat to put something in or take it out... which means I'm carrying something and don't have two free hands!

I need to either develop a robotic backpack with two extensible arms... or just buy a replacement strut :)

I was so focused on the weight, that I almost bought one 27 inches long LOOOL

So the Cherokee's makes it a real ejector seat! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I thought I'd chime in again on this. My seat shock was starting to fail at lower temperatures. I bought one of the $10 struts off Ebay, and just installed it. If you are unhappy with your seat strut at all, this is totally worth 10 bucks. The blue Burgman 400 I worked on last month had one of those struts off a jeep. It was so powerful, you had to push down the back of the seat to unlatch it or risk snapping your key in the ignition. In addition it pushed the seat so far to the right the top right rear of the seat rubbed against the passenger grab rail, and the upholstery tore. This Ebay one is perfect. I unlatch the seat with the key, and the seat pops open and gently rests there two inches above the storage compartment. It was a little tricky getting the lower bolt off without removing any plastic, but I did it. I will go as far as to say, this is the best $10 scooter purchase I have made in a real long time. Fits Suzuki Burgman 400 2007-16 Seat Adjuster Lift Support Gas Shock Spring New | eBay

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
1,084 Posts
IMO, if the seat opens on its own, the strut has too much pressure and/or has improper cheap balance valves, it could jam your latch or bend your seat on a hot day o_O, with a proper working strut, you should be able to lift seat to any position and it should stay there, it should not move at all on its own. These are more expensive, but work excellent, and have 5yr warranty!!. Results for burgman 400 (liftsupportsdepot.com) BTW, this link shows applications for both pre 07 and 07+, click on description before choosing strut, choose one for your seat type/weight. heavier seats more force, etc.

Need a $10 Strut for a B650 with enough power to lift a Corbin Seat ?
Not $10 but rated at 38 lbs., read all description sections, Lift Supports Depot PM3107 for the Seat Adjuster - With 5 Year Warranty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts