Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now you guys know I have finally seen sense and got myself a lardy (Hah!). :lol:

My original plan was to sell on the 400, but got to thinking................

I have had a few PMs since I have been a member here asking if there was anywhere in the UK that Burgers could be hired. Well I have not found any.

So, is there mileage so to speak, in hanging on to the Svelte Burger, and renting out to friends at cost? :!:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
My first question is in regards to insurance and liability? What if someone crashes and hurts or heaven forbid kills them selves or an innocent bystander? Are you liable as the owner? What if they claim the accident was as result of a mechanical failure. Are you at fault? Are the headaches worth it? Have I asked enough questions?

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
I think it's a good Idea, and would be welcomed by many people.

I think the only issue (here in the states anyway), would by Liability.

Would you be liable if something happened, (mechanicaly or otherwise) ?

Would you be responsible for anyone renting to make sure they have License and insurance as required by law ?

Of course we are lawsuit happy here in the states, don't know about there.

I see me and Allwalk jumped on this one pretty quick.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Well, I guess the first step is to figure the cost. Insurance, maintenance, registration. Do you have any annual property taxes? (It costs me at least $1000 per year in property taxes for my 2 cars and 2 bikes - I really hate that.)

Another thing, is that you might prefer to ride the older machine when the weather is bad. With the salt on the roads over here now I really wish I had an old beater to ride - something I didn't care about keeping pretty.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Aside from the above well made points you also need to ask yourself if your life needs more problems.
Even a simple break down, who goes and gets it.
Why not just sell it and take payments w / interest for a year or so. 8)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Norman,

I think you're just attached to the ol' 400 and are looking for a good 'excuse' to keep it. :) How much would you be able to get if ya did sell it?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think it's a bit different in the UK, but over here no good deed goes unpunished Normsy. That's why I just keep mine out front with the keys in it - if my neighbors wreck I can just say they stole it.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seatec said:
When I go over for vocation, you can ride the 400, i will rent the 650, just kidding :wink:
Well I knew this hobby was absorbing but that is taking it a tadge far :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
billmeek said:
Norman,

I think you're just attached to the ol' 400 and are looking for a good 'excuse' to keep it. :) How much would you be able to get if ya did sell it?
Well Pauls idea had crossed my mind it would be a good winter hack to keep the Lardy clean and bright. In the UK selling at the right time (April/May) and with a fair wind, I would be fortunate to get the equivalent of US$3500

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hmmm. $3500 would buy lots of new toys for the 650 ....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Tell ya what. You can ship it to Texas and I'll look after it for you. Free of charge. :wink:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Surely Norman can get $3500 for it....like new, hardly any miles on it. :lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
ted clement said:
Surely Norman can get $3500 for it....like new, hardly any miles on it. :lol:
Cheese! Norman!

I've had my Burger only two more months, but 7000 more miles than you. You need to move to a bigger country! :D

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My excuse - I was outa work and couldn't afford gas!:wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
billmeek said:
Hmmm. $3500 would buy lots of new toys for the 650 ....
So:

1. Custom seat and backrest.
2. Heated bars.
3. Autocomm system.
4. Givi Screen
5. Fehling trim
6. Givi Rack

How much?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pauljo said:
Um... Norman, you've been hacked! Some imposter with no hair has taken over your identity!
1. 19 mins to notice that one.
2. I ain't been hacked.
3. Its a lot closer to the truth than my last avatar :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts