Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Newbie here about to make a purchase. I was hoping to get some input from the experts on wheather or not this sounds like a decent deal. I have a deposit on this:

2003 Burgman 400AN with 4000 miles. It appears to be in very good condition. It started right up and idled perfectly. I did not ride it though. Scratch on the belt cover, and two more "chips" that have been touched up. One is on the front fender and one on the plastic just below the back rest. . Inclided in the sale is a helmet and scooter cover. We have agreed to $3000.00 even. I am picking it up tomorrow. Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It sounds like a good deal to me. I'm sure that you will love the machine. At 4000 miles it is just getting broke in. I have an 05 and have 4200 miles on it. Ask to see the maintenance schedule to insure that the oil changes and if needed the valve adjustment was completed.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Not being an expert on the 400 market, my opinion is that the deal you describe sounds pretty good to me.

Low mileage, reasonable price, reasonable shape, the only other thing I would ask for would be maintenance log/receipts to make sure that the services have been done properly, especially the valve adjustments.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I noticed it had been pulled from Ebay. :eek:

It sounds like a very good deal, but without seeing it ridden there's always a question. On the other hand, you know where the guy lives. :lol:

I would have the Bill of Sale include some statement to the effect that the seller is unaware of any major problems or safety issues with the bike.

If he balks at that, ask him to ride it down the street and back while you stand there and watch for stability, wobbling wheels, etc. Actuall, even if he accepts the provision in the Bill of Sale you might want to watch him ride it.

One more thing. If you're not aware of it, you can download sample Bills of Sale for vehicles from the web. Just google it.

Happy riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts