Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After long considerations, it seems like I almost decided to get Majesty - Burgman 400 seems to be impossible to find in stock anyway:)

I called around and best OTD quote I had over the phone for 05 Blue Majesty was $6,170... According to your opinion, is this a good price ?
All other quotes were higher, up to 6750...

Oh, yeah.. this is in Houston, TX.

Thanks,
Mo

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
For a few hundred more you can get the Burgman 650 :shock:

Janine :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, in other words, you're saying that paying anything close to MSRP ( and at MSRP the price for Majesty + 6.25% sales tax is $6100 - and there's still titling and registration) is too high ?

Janine, if I really could get ahold of 650 for few more hundreds... :) However, since MSRP for it is $7800, I'm looking at almost 8300 after tax and before titling and registration :(

I've talked to , like, 7 dealers and those $6,170 out-of-the-door price was the best offer around Houston...

While shopping for cars I always knew what is fair price for the vehicle I'm looking for, there's edmunds, and carsdirect, etc...

This is my first attempt to buy a motocycle and it seems like dealers just try to sell at MSRP, if not higher. I think the fact that there's like, 6 Majestys in stock in whole Houston helps them to keep their price high..
I'm a bit reluctant to purchase used one - also, I have no idea where to get one :roll: - CycleTrader and eBay don't come up with any results near me at all.

Mo

·
Registered
806 Posts
That may be the going price in Houston, but not in OH where I am from. usually, standard rule of thumb, you should be able to ride out for MSRP IE by the time you get figured in assembly, tax, tags, the final out the door price should be close to MSRP.

Some places are a bit higher, others are a bit lower.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Shop here

Check the classifieds on this board for reasonably priced used scooters.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
520 Posts
Maestro said:
After long considerations, it seems like I almost decided to get Majesty - Burgman 400 seems to be impossible to find in stock anyway:)

I called around and best OTD quote I had over the phone for 05 Blue Majesty was $6,170... According to your opinion, is this a good price ?
All other quotes were higher, up to 6750...

Oh, yeah.. this is in Houston, TX.

Thanks,
Mo
Try gettin your local dealer to MATCH prices at:
http://www.la-cyclesports.com/scooter.htm

I have been successful with this on OVER 25 purchases. every one within $100.00 of the prices shown! Also, these OTD prices INCLUDE ALL tax, fees, EVERYTHING, period! Not a single penny more!!!!!! Protect yourself and buy what you can that make ya happy. Best of luck to ya too! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts