Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Suzuki dealer just got in a 2004 650 with about 2200 miles on it. Asking price is $6199. Anyone here think this is a fair price, cuz I really don't know. Maybe I can work out something on it..praying really hard might work. :wink: :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
here is the Kelly blue book value for a dealer resale: now, this is with my zip code put in, rochester, ny

2004 Suzuki AN650 Burgman
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
638cc

Suggested Retail Value $6730

Kelly Blue Book

·
Registered
728 Posts
NADA:

February 23, 2005

Low Retail Average Retail
Base Price
$4,700 $6,185
TOTAL PRICE $4,700 $6,185

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would buy it if I could just find someone to finance me. I say right now that's impossible. :( But you never know. :wink:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I bought mine as a 1 year back model (bought an 03 in 04), and paid $6,500 with no transportation or dealer prep charges. If I were you I'd list the local shops and start calling. Financing a backmodel 100% is easier - because you pay less than MSRP. The MSRP has gone up $100, so a comperable deal would be $6,600. Financing a used bike is usually going to be at a higher interest rate - so a new backmodel may not cost more (or at least not much more) anyway.

Of course - supply and demand will come into play. If the big scooters are popular in your area, then you'll pay more. Just like 4x4 pickups in Texas sell for more that the blue book value...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately there are no other dealers in the area that have a Burgman. No one has any leftover 04's, just the one used one I found. My dealer said they would give me a better price than $6199, so I just need to find the money now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My local Ron Ayers doesn't have the 2005 650 in yet. We were talking and he showed me the brochure which indicated that Suzuki decided to drop the BLACK model this year and go with BLUE just like the AN400. I decided to check out another dealer where I saw a 2004 Black AN650 last summer when I was first looking for a bike. When I got there, the Black AN650 was gone. The salesman stated that it was taken back to the warehouse to free up space on the showroom floor. He said it is basically a new bike, because it has never been ridden. We were trying to come up with a price, and basically he said 7745.00 plus dealer prep, setup, tax and tags. The final price was 9145.00 with 3400.00 trade-in allowance on my AN400. Leaving about 5700.00 cash and financing. This guy is 45 miles from my house. Question is this: Ron Ayers is only 6 miles from my house, should I just get the 650 from Ron Ayers with all the attendant good will? The price for the Black 2004 and the Blue 2005 would be the same. Or should I try to bring down the 2004 price (even though the dealer said he couldn't sell it for less). Oh, one other thing. The warehouse where the 2004 Black AN650 is stored, is 96 miles from the dealer, and the salesman said they would not bring it back just for me to look at it again!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Gary,

Sounds like the dealer with the black 04 650 doesn't really want you business. Depending on your riding habits, you might be better off with the 2005 650 with the overdrive. Either way, I'd do some shopping online before committing to the purchase. I'd also ask for a detailed breakdown on the prices they quoted you. I'm curious how much 'dealer prep' they're padding into the OTD price.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Gary,

Suzuki USA website shows MSRP on the 2005 model as $7699. That was the original MSRP - at this point in time there should be a discount for being a leftover. This dealer is asking more than the original MSRP for a leftover model plus padding liberally for dealer setup. Very bad deal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gary unless there is something really unusual about your local market supply/demand conditions you can do better on a leftover. If the dealer thnks he needs the floor space because he can move other bikes rather than the Burgman he should be more willing to deal. He is testing you to see how much he can squeeze out of you. I would go to another more forthcoming dealer. Not a good sign for your future dealings if he is trying to stick it to you now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts