Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought and installed a K&N air filter for my 08 B400. This thing was a ROYAL pain to install even after watching Mitch's video on how to install it. My problem is this, the middle tab that the filter housing is supposed to fit in broke off when I applied pressure to get it in. After it bent the outer two lips fit snugly in. Will this be a major problem now and effect my scooters performance?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
jskzes said:
I just bought and installed a K&N air filter for my 08 B400. This thing was a ROYAL pain to install even after watching Mitch's video on how to install it. My problem is this, the middle tab that the filter housing is supposed to fit in broke off when I applied pressure to get it in. After it bent the outer two lips fit snugly in. Will this be a major problem now and effect my scooters performance?
Personally, I have not had any experience with the K&N air filter on a 400 BUT from what I have read here - everyone has a problem with the fit. ANSWER - I dont think so!!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The fit that matters is the filter to lower half of the air box, any gap there will allow unfiltered air
into the engine, as long as that filter is being pressed down on to it's seal all should be fine. You
may find that having the scooter's weight on its rear wheel and maybe setting the shock to full
soft will allow the engine to pivot a little more and give a little more room, warming the plastic
edge also helps.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You could probably ride around with the top of the air filter case off, as long as the filter was tight against the bottom of the case. :shock:

·
Registered
59 Posts
the plastic tab I believe act as bridge to hold the air supply up in place. it is not important if the tab is broken as long as you filter is the right place snug and the supply tube is not covered
TAKE CARE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts