Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
eh, there's some debate about that sniper business, we're making shots at over a mile now,,, l.s.s. That fact may have changed
The Earth is pretty big. Someone with better math skills can work out how far a nominal 4000-mile-radius circle diverges from a line tangent to it over a mile or two distance. (Yeah, I'm too lazy to google it.)

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
There is a rough rule of thumb of 8” over a mile at nominal ground level

But it gets complicated, your version of level is a different tangent to the target’s level so the maths would work from a mid point etc

(edit: 8” in a mile isn’t the same as 8” per mile. That is flat earther maths “NASA says 8” per mile but I can see Chicago.....” your next mile starts with a new version of level so they don’t line up.
Also water is not flat, tides and current pull it around and pile it up; the English Channel is deeper on the french side than the English side for example. Refraction alters what is visible and stretches it out at the horizon)

·
Registered
348 Posts
If Bidon’s new jet ends up surpassing his very modest claim of 21,000 mph, and instead, actually ends up being able to travel faster than the speed of light.... Would you then be able to depart his plane, and look back and see yourself boarding, essentially time traveling?

·
Premium Member
17,139 Posts
If Bidon’s new jet ends up surpassing his very modest claim of 21,000 mph, and instead, actually ends up being able to travel faster than the speed of light.... Would you then be able to depart his plane, and look back and see yourself boarding, essentially time traveling?
nah, my mask would make my glasses too foggy

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Wonder what wonders will happen today.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
The goof was thinking that most people know what “figuratively“ means at the beginning of a sentence, regardless of who is saying it.

Up until now I thought the same.

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
When someone is selling something they need to deliver the proposed features and benefits with facts. No room for hyperbole.

What will be the features and benefits to your people with a New Royal Yacht ?

Reactions: Charbroil

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
3,930 Posts
There are definitely a lot of people, too many people, who think they've arrived before they've even left. :oops:

Wish I could actually do that. Then I'd know the mistakes I'll make before I make them.

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
All Aboard !

61 - 70 of 70 Posts