Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reactions: RollingStone

Registered
yah, nah, yah.....21,000 MPH is faster than the shuttle or space station in orbit.

Even the X15 and X43 were slower at 4,500 MPH and 7,300 MPH respectively. Concorde maxed out at 1,354 MPH.

kinda like saying a B400 can do 100 MPH...up hill....into a head wind :rolleyes:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah, nah, yah.....21,000 MPH is faster than the shuttle or space station in orbit.

Even the X15 and X43 were slower at 4,500 MPH and 7,300 MPH respectively. Concorde maxed out at 1,354 MPH.

kinda like saying a B400 can do 100 MPH...up hill....into a head wind :rolleyes:

I first thought it was Shineola .....I then tried to do the math and it began to have that familiar smell 馃ぃ

Reactions: RollingStone

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's about the same speed as a 7 mm magnum hi speed fmj bullet. only thing faster is swmbo's return argument.
I鈥檓 seeing only:
3,500 Feet per second = 2,386.3636 Miles per hour

Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
You don't need no pilot... you need an astronaught, or NASA. The Mars rockets left earth going about 24,600 mph... or faster.
Or maybe a star ship engineer like Scotty!

Beam me up, there's no intelligent life running this thing!

Registered
Need a pilot to help me understand flying at 21,000 mph:
A dictionary and the speech would serve you better than a pilot.

Viewing the entire quote:
鈥漈o be able, figuratively, if you may...鈥

鈥淔iguratively鈥 as in symbolic, not literal (at unimaginable speed, impossibly fast etc)
He qualifies that it isn鈥檛 a literal expected speed but a mind boggling figure.

He literally stated he wasn鈥檛 being literal, but I suspect everybody already knew that.

might be time to give BUSA a miss; too much political silliness.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
A dictionary and the speech would serve you better than a pilot.

Viewing the entire quote:
鈥漈o be able, figuratively, if you may...鈥

鈥淔iguratively鈥 as in symbolic, not literal (at unimaginable speed, impossibly fast etc)
He qualifies that it isn鈥檛 a literal expected speed but a mind boggling figure.
As with trains the fastest commercial train travels at 217mph in China and a typical passenger jet flys at an avg. 600mph ?

Is it historically possible for these modes of transportation to evolve to such speeds in eight years?

As to the Daily Mail, they used the C-SPAN Clip.... I only brought it up because President Biden was trying to rally support for his ambitions Infrastructure Package Bill and being a non pilot or train engineer I called out for help.

Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
Maybe Suzuki is working right now on the NEW Burgman 850 that will set new land speed records. It will also have a new eCVT that allows you to change the belt without removing more than one side cover. Figuratively speaking of course. 馃榿

Administrator
The only way to achieve those speeds are in a near vacuum in outer space and no physical drag.
The 1980's ideas of space jumping jets that take off and then fly above the atmosphere may be what Prez Biden was thinking about.

Even at near space, the SR71 at 3+ Mach would glow the fuselage due to drag of atmosphere.

The, again 1980's Popular Science Mag, using a near vacuum tube and 'Mag-Lift', trains could get around Mach 2. But.... How to pull a near vacuum in a tube 20 feet in diameter and 2500 miles long????
And in a near vacuum, what to do about a leak?
Messy things happen to soft stuff with pressure on one side and vacuum on the other.

Administrator
Maybe Suzuki is working right now on the NEW Burgman 850 that will set new land speed records. It will also have a new eCVT that allows you to change the belt without removing more than one side cover. Figuratively speaking of course. 馃榿
Remember the 1990's thoughts on Electric powered cars where you pull into the 'Re-Charge' station and the machine pulls your depleted battery pack and inserts an fully charged pack in like 2 minuets.

Registered
I鈥檝e worked my small role in 2 unrelated aircraft designs that were absolutely, definitely impossible, yet both are now operating out in the world, if not publicly. The boundaries move in odd leaps, either through inspiration or simply kicking it into submission.

SR71, as great as it is, was limited by its engines.

Replacing jets with scramjets gets you pushing toward Mach 7.
Hydrogen scramjets extend the top speed.

By Mach 10 you are taking in air at something like 3500 deg. so you have to cool it to use it, even for Mach 5 (this tech exists).

Then oxygen molecules break down and you get plasma forming over the skin (blinding sensors). So you want to get out of the atmosphere.

Jet/scramjet are air breathers so you can鈥檛 leave the atmosphere, they couldn鈥檛 breathe.
If you want to continue accelerating you hybridise your motors with rocket type fuel which make their own oxygen or some alternative.

However, as it was a metaphor, 50,000mph works just as well, fast as lightning, quick as a flash, warp 10 or light speed

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In response to #16 ................That's made my brain hurt....o_O
That鈥檚 why it鈥檚 always best to wear your boots and helmet when you come to the Tavern 馃ぃ

Reactions: Bluestrom13

Registered
In response to #16 ................That's made my brain hurt....o_O
If your brain doesn鈥檛 hurt, you don鈥檛 understand the problem :)
Its seriously difficult

If it鈥檚 interesting to you - search for a brit company called Reaction Engines or SABRE Engine.
Also Skylon Space Plane. Lots of public info available on the web for those.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts