Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday evening I was traveling on a country road at 45 mph and decided to move my head a little lower (I am just under 6 feet). It was amazing how much more quiet it became. If the windshield was 4 or 5 inches higher, I think I would get a much more comfortable ride. It seems to me that I read a discussion on this somewhere on this site. If one is available, any info (vendors, costs, etc.) would be appreciated.
Bob Dorsett

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
I know of GIVI for the 400, I don't know if Clearview makes them yet

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bob

Givi do a taller screen.
Suzy do one too - which is more expensive than the Givi (and allegedly made by them).

There are other options which may be worth investigating if you are only after a 'lift' of a couple of inches.

1. Laminar Lip - I think this has been discussed on this forum - it seems to be well engineered. (Or google it)

2. DIY Lip - Paul Blezard a UK motoring journalist (Twist and Go) rides with a stock screen and an old visor gaffered to the top to achieve the same effect - it does not look elegant but it works for him. They must not pay journos much in the UK :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Bob wrote
It was amazing how much more quiet it became. If the windshield was 4 or 5 inches higher,
The Givi windshield should be tall enough for you , expect a loss of about 3 mpg, but it is a fair trade off in increased comfort

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I spoke to Clearview a couple of weeks ago and they assured me they will be building a shield for the Burgman 400. Odds are it'll be toward the end of the riding season when things slow down for them they'll have the time to develop it. I was considering the Givi, but based on the comments from the 650 riders, am going to wait for the Clearview to become available.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I'll bet Clearview will also make it in several different heights - which has been a definite advantage for them over the competition with the 650 windscreens. Hopefully they will offer the vent option as well.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pauljo said:
I'll bet Clearview will also make it in several different heights - which has been a definite advantage for them over the competition with the 650 windscreens. Hopefully they will offer the vent option as well.
What odds were you offering?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
NormanB said:
What odds were you offering?
20 to 1. The guy at Clearview said the vent option will be available when the 400 shield is first released and they'll offer different sizes of shields.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Windshield for Burgman 400

Thanks guys (I think all of you who responded are "guys"). This forum is great for sharing information, and saving days of research! I tend to research the hell out of things I need to live with, and this forum surely is a shortcut. I think I will wait till Clearview comes out with a windshield, so I can make comparisons. When they do go into production, the results will be a good topic for discussion!

Bob Dorsett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts